Lost, But Now I'm Found

Summary: A girl thinks she's found true love, but it's under horrible circumstances. She learns a valuable lesson about what love should feel like. From the two people who have been in love for eight years.

Warnings: cussing, angst but not from Dan or Phil, fluff. Weird AU. This is different.

Forgive your mother.

WC: 2085

At the ripe age of 18 Carol decided to move all the way to England, for one reason, and one reason only.

Her one reason, a blonde haired, brown eyed girl, named Holly. Who, you guessed it, lived in the UK.

Carol had only just graduated high school, but was planning on taking a year off before furthering her education in the culinary arts.

Carol, thought she had finally found the one. The one who she could wake up to every morning. The one who would complete her. The one that could give her the moon and all of the stars, and all that other cliche crap. She was wrong. Very wrong.

She knew things weren't okay when she hopped off the plane at the London airport and upon searching for an hour, found no sign of Holly.

That wasn't good.

She wouldn't pick up the phone. Or text her back. All forms of communication were rejected and ignored.

Carol fretted, worrying that maybe her mom was right? Maybe Holly had been catfishing her. Just stringing her along as a sick joke.

Carol shook her head, attempting to clear it. Holly would never do that to her. Never. Right?

Right.

Carol found out that night she was wrong.

Very, completely, and totally wrong.

Carol had Holly's address saved in her phone from all the letters she had sent her. Not knowing what to do, Carol, who fresh out of high school and lacking in the money department, spent the remainder of her cash on a cab to Holly's house.

A mistake, a big mistake, because soon, unbeknownst to Carol, she would soon have a broken heart, and the dignity to match.

Snapped.

Crushed.

Destroyed.

You get the point.

Carol steadied her breathing, excitement filling her chest. Something felt off, but months of dreaming, and planning, and wishing on stupid stars had finally paid off! She was so close to Holly. After all this time.

Carol clenched her eyes shut when the cab pulled up to a stop outside of an apartment with a green door and gold letters stating the address.

She breathed in the cool London air, Holly was just a few feet away.

Carol thanked the cabby and paid her fair. She excitedly made her way up the steps to the green door, taking a deep breath, she knocked firmly three times.

She stepped back and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

When the door opened, there was Holly. Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Beautiful, as always.

Carols face lit up like they sky on the Fourth of July. She readily opened her arms, expecting a warm hug.

Holly's didn't.

Holly looked panicked.

Nervous.