Bamf Messaging

Prompt: "One from dans pov where Dan meets Phil at a family dinner thing and they're hanging out and Phil's being all adorable and Phil-like and they get each other's numbers and text each other but they go to different schools so they text in class and ish but one day Dan goes to pick up Phil from his school and Phil is like this bamf with a leather jacket and all the girls swoon at him and that's all I got. You can do whatever you want w it. You don't even have to do it. I just thought it could be cute."

Prompt(er): GracieRose_ (I fucking hope)

Word Count: 2,515. WHAT. WHAT. OOPS.

I was supppsed to be getting ready for a dinner party with one of my moms coworkers, but I was playing Mario Cart instead. I was in first place until a turtle shell was shot at me, knocking me off rainbow road.

"Damn you Dry Bones!!" I cursed at my DS.

"Dan are you ready yet? We're about to leave sweety!!" My mothers voice rang up the stairs.

Shit. "Umm yeah, I'm just straightening my hair. I'll be down in a few!" I yelled back.

I ripped off my flannel pajama pants and wiggled into my skinny jeans. My belt got caught in one of the loops which ended up with me slipping and falling on my butt.

"Dan are you okay?" I heard my mum through my closed bedroom door.

"Y-yeah. I just slipped." I said panting from the physical exertion it had taken me to get dressed.

"Well are you ready?" My mum asked.

"Almost!"

"Dan we were meant to leave five minutes ago! What were you doing?" She griped at me.

"Ive been getting ready this whole time!" I lied.

"Uhuh..." I heard my mums heels clack away from my door.
I was attempting to put my shirt on while tying my shoes. I ended up falling over on my bed, but eventually I was laced and ready to go.

I ran down the stairs and my family greeted me with bemused, if not annoyed looks.

"Sorry." I mumbled out blushing.

"Not to stereotype but I'm a girl and you take longer than me to get ready." My mum said ushering us to the door.

"I've made my bed, now I'll sleep in it." I said flashing a grin to my mum.

My dad just shook his head at our banter, he secretly loved it though.

15 Minutes later we pulled up at the Lesters house. It. Was. Big. It was two stories but Jesus Christ was it elegant. It was made out of gray stone, the driveway was tiled, and it had a fountain.

My mouth hit the ground as we got out of our car, my father was wearing the same expression as me.

My mother looked at us and giggled, "The Lesters are quite well off. Mr. Lesters some type of government official I think." My mum mused, fluffing her hair.

My dad and I were immediately uncomfortable. Were are clothes clean enough? Did we need to go buy new shoes? Should we shower again?

My mum paid no mind to our stares and walked to the door, my dad and I awkwardly shuffling behind her. She pressed the door bell and the tune of Yanky Doodle rang out.

Dad and I glanced at each other again, what kind of posh joint was this? I stuffed my hands in my pockets and my dad shifted his weight awkwardly.

Suddenly a lady with blonde/ginger hair opened the door. She immediately smiled and pulled my mum into a hug.

"Amy welcome to my home!" She practically squealed dragging my mother through the door.