You Belong With Me.

Summary: Based of Taylor Swifts song!

Warnings: V CHEESY

WC: 1363

You're on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset. She's going off about something that you said, cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I saw Dan arguing with his girlfriend again. Our houses are right next to each other, causing out Windows to almost be adjacent.

I saw him throw up his arms, probably trying to  defend something he said. See, Dan's really sarcastic, and super funny. But his girlfriends such a stick in the mud. She huffs at his jokes, and rolles her eyes at his sarcasm.

She makes him miserable, But he doesn't see it. And I don't wanna tell him to break up with her. I mean what kinda friend would that make me?

Dan and I had been friends since he moved here in fifth grade. He was always quiet, and reading comic books. So we basically latched onto each other over our mutual love for anime.

It wasn't till tenth grade that I came out to him as gay, and he said he was bi. Which was when I realized maybe I had a chance with him. I'd had a crush on him ever since we met basically. I thought my odds looked pretty good, until Annabell happened.

I remember Dan had barged into my room with goofy smile on his face, I thought it was adorable until I found out who put it there.

"PHIL ANNABELL ASKED ME OUT!" He said falling onto my bed and sighing.

I felt my heart land in my feet, I tried to smile and congratulate him, but I just wanted to lay on my bed and blast Taylor Swift until I felt better again.

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night. I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.  But she wears short skirtsI wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain. And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find. That what you're looking for has been here the whole time. If you could see
That I'm the one. Who understands you. Been here all along. So, why can't you see, You belong with me,  You belong with me.

I watched him through my window until I saw him throw his phone down and sit on his bed looking defeated.

To Dan:

You Okay?

From Dan:

Tired of Drama.

To Dan:

It'll be okay. Open your window.

Dan and I talked all night and I finally got him to feel better.

"Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing Phil." Dan said, rubbing his eyes.

It was close to midnight and we were both of us were worn out.

"What'd you mean?" I asked.

"It's just, I love Annabell, at least I think I do. But I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be this fucking miserable in a relationship." He said.

I looked at my feet. I desperately wanted to tell to break up with her. To put that fish back in the sea, and come swim with me.

But good friends don't break people up for selfish needs. God I wanted to be selfsih.

"Why do you stay with her?" I questioned.

He looked down for a while picking the paint off his peeling window seal.

"I don't know. She's the first the girl, the first anyone, that ever showed the slightest intrest in me. What if no ones ever intrested again?" he said quietly.