Chapter 1: The Dance of Life

Hey guys!

I just wanted to write a quick Author's Note before I upload the first chapter of this story.

I'm certain that many of you are aware of the whole Patrick Kane alleged rape situation. I want to clarify a few things quickly before I continue uploading chapters.

Firstly, this story is STRICTLY FICTIONAL. It is called a fanFICTION for a reason. In saying this, none of the characters/events in this story are related to what is happening in the lives of Patrick Kane, his family, his girlfriend, his friends, nor any of the other parties involved in this situation, currently.

Furthermore, everything that is included in this story (characters, events, actions, etc.) are in NO way, shape, or form affiliated with the current situation of Patrick Kane.

This is simply a friendly reminder that this is a FICTIONAL story, and therefore shall not be affiliated with the events that are currently taking place in the life of Patrick Kane and all of the parties involved.

I do hope that the situation that is happening at the moment in REAL life, does get resolved and figured out soon, however.

Thanks guys, and love you all,

-Becca xoxo

{Abigail}

The dress is beautiful.

It hugs my curves in all the right places, and it fits me absolutely perfectly.

I have never worn something that feels so... right.

It's black; elegant and simple.

Strapless, it falls just below my knees, with a beautiful dark belt around my waist.

I'm in love with it.

I look up at the mirror, and smile back at myself.

I'm happy with the way I look.

My light brown hair flows in loose curls to just above my breasts, my makeup is light and simple, and my outfit is wonderful.

My name is Abigail Quinn.

I'm twenty-six years old, and I have been dating the same boy for a long time now.

Despite our breakup a couple years ago, the two of us found each other through it all, and got back together.

I'm dating Patrick Kane, whom is now twenty-seven years old, and is still just as handsome as he always has been.

He plays on the Chicago Blackhawks, and has played for them his entire NHL career.

The two of us have been through a lot together in the past few years, and life has changed drastically.

For starters, I finished my photography degree from the University of Chicago, and am now the manager of my own photography studio, Abby's Images.

My business has been extremely successful these past few years, and I have a passion for what I do.

We also endured a huge loss a couple years ago, that has changed not only us, but everyone around us, immensely.

But, that is besides the point.

That's a whole different story.

It's Friday, June 17, 2016.

6:30 in the evening.

The Chicago Blackhawks have organized a team dinner, in celebration of their most recent Stanley Cup Championship.