Chapter 74: Balancing Simplicity

{Abigail}

Pat and I link arms, and I wrap my hand around his large bicep as we stroll through Downtown Chicago.

I look down at our feet as we walk, a small smile on my face.

Pat is wearing a dark suit, with a a black tie to top it all off, and black dress shoes.

It's not gameday for the Blackhawks, but he is wearing one of his gameday suits, that he looks extremely handsome in, if you ask me.

I am wearing a strapless, grey, curve-hugging dress that falls to my ankles, with a a pair of fancy flip flops, that I can't even see because of my large baby bump.

It's Sunday, August 20, and exactly one year ago, on this day, Patrick and I were getting married.

It's our one-year (married) anniversary, and this past year has been the fastest of my life.

So much has happened.

From our honeymoon (God, there was so much sex that week), to surviving another NHL season, to getting pregnant, I never would have imagined this year being what it was.

If someone had told me a few years ago, what this year would hold, I would have never believed them.

But here I am, walking Downtown with the love of my life, as I carry our children inside of me.

It's almost 7:00 in the evening, and Pat and I are going out for dinner to celebrate our one year anniversary.

We are going to a fancy dinner restaurant, called Tulip, that is right next to the Chicago River.

Pat and I came here when we had dinner with my parents, as well as his parents about a week before our wedding.

We loved it so much that tonight, we have decided to make a return.

It's late August, and the summer weather still remains, in The Windy City.

The sun slowly makes its way across the sky, and the nightlife is alive and beautiful tonight, as always.

The air is sweet and warm, and the sensation of Patrick's bicep under my hand is vivid.

Tulip is only about a ten minute walk from Trump Tower, and despite feeling like I have two massive bowling balls at the bottom of my pelvis, I agreed to go for a stroll, rather than drive.

It's August 20, which is under a month to my due date.

A couple days ago, I had my last appointment with Dr. Nolan for the twins.

Pat was there with me, and we scheduled a date for the c-section to take place on.

My original due date was September 23, but when you are having a c-section, you never want the woman to go into labor.

For this reason, doctors always schedule the c-section about a week before the original due date, to ensure that the woman does not go into labor.

My c-section is scheduled for September 16, at 7:00 in the morning.

I don't think it has officially hit me that the twins are going to be out of me in less than a month.

Pat and I are going to get to meet the little ones inside of me, in under a month.

Being pregnant has been such a huge part of my life for the past nine months, and I can't believe that it's going to be over so soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for my pregnancy to be over and to finally meet these little ones, but it's just hard to comprehend.