Chapter 45: Masterpiece

{Abigail}

"Ladies first, darling." Patrick says, opening the door for me, a small smile on his face.

I giggle, smiling at him before moving through the doorway.

The restaurant is warm and inviting, buzzing with excitement.

I smile in awe at the brilliant atmosphere in front of me, the sound of soft jazz in the background.

Patrick takes my hand, and I smile up at him.

"I can't believe I've never been here before." I say, shaking my head.

"Well, now you have." Pat smiles, squeezing my hand.

I smile up at him, before we make our way over to where the hostess is standing.

It's Friday, December 9, about 8:00 in the evening.

Today, is my twenty-seventh birthday.

I worked this morning for a couple hours, and Pat had a practice at the UC.

Once we both got home, Patrick and I spent the rest of the day together.

Patrick has treated me to a wonderful day, followed by a beautiful dinner, which we are at right now.

He treated me to a two-hour spa session at Trump Tower Spa, and then the two of us hung out at Millennium Park for a little while.

He then took me shopping, and paid for everything.

I wanted to buy a few things from the Blackhawks Merchandise Store, since I was in need of Hawks apparel, and he even came in there with me.

He usually doesn't love coming in that store, since everyone recognizes him, but we went during the day, and it was really quiet.

Only a few other customers were there, and he didn't mind taking pictures with them at all.

I'm not a big shopper, but today, I just couldn't stop myself.

After the Hawks store, we went to a mall in Downtown, and were there for quite a while, actually.

I kept seeing things that I loved, and Patrick kept convincing me to buy them.

I tried on a shitload of clothes, and he sat down and waited for me while I did so.

I know shopping for anyone but himself is his least-favorite thing in the world, but he didn't complain once.

I would try something on, come out and ask him how it looks, and he would give me his opinion.

Only thing is, there isn't much variety in Patrick's opinion.

He always said something along the lines of, "You look beautiful in that," or, "I love that, Abby, you're gorgeous," or, "I'm so happy you're mine."

Although his feedback wasn't of wide variety, he made me blush every single time.

After shopping, we went back to Trump Tower, where we got ready for a fancy dinner out, which leads us to where we are now.

Bliss, a fancy Italian restaurant in Downtown Chicago, that I have never been to before.

But it looks beautiful.

The hostess greets Patrick and I, and the leads us to a table of two in the corner of the large restaurant.

The architecture in this restaurant is beautiful, and the decorations are as well.

I look around in awe, smiling at the many other people here, all talking busily with one another.