Chapter 44: Lost & In Love

{Abigail}

"Are you all ready to go?" I ask, as I make my way across the main floor of the apartment.

Patrick stands in the entrance of the apartment, wearing a dark, gorgeous suit.

It's Saturday, December 3, about 3:00 in the afternoon.

The Blackhawks have a game tonight at the United Center against the New York Islanders at 8:00.

Patrick is just about to leave the apartment and head to the UC, as he has to be there extra early on game days.

I won't be heading to the game until about 6:30 tonight, so I have to say goodbye and good luck to him now.

"I think so." He says, nodding and feeling in his pockets for his car keys.

I reach him, and stand right in front of him, looking up into his magnificent blue eyes.

They dart around as he tries to locate everything he needs, but despite the constant movement of his irises, I can still locate the beauty that they possess.

I can always see the beauty that they possess.

"Yeah, I got everything." He laughs, running a hand through his curls.

His eyes finally settle, and meet with mine.

The ocean of brilliance that sits within his eyes hits me hard, and I can almost feel myself falling even more in love with him.

"Good luck, I love you." I say, reaching up and kissing him on the lips gently.

He hugs me for a moment, and then smiles.

"Thanks Abby, love you too. I'll see you later tonight. This love is ours." He says, nodding.

"This love is ours." I nod back, smiling.

He then opens the apartment door, and leaves through it, closing it behind him.

And in this moment, it is just me in this whole apartment.

I smile at the ground, sighing happily.

I head over to the glass dining room table at the end of the apartment, and sit down on one of the chairs.

Sunlight streams through the large floor-to-ceiling windows just beyond me, and I close my eyes, allowing the heat to warm my face.

It's a beautiful afternoon in The Windy City.

Sure, it's basically winter now, and there is snow on the ground, but it's still beautiful.

There is not a cloud in the sky this afternoon, and the sun is strong and bright.

I bask in the sun, sighing happily as I take in the silence of the apartment.

My mind keeps coming back to what Patrick and I agreed on, just over a week ago.

We both want children.

Patrick went out for coffee, and as he left, his mind was still a mess from over-thinking.

But when he returned after about twenty minutes, he suddenly had his mind made up.

And for some reason, he seemed so certain in his decision.

I don't know what suddenly convinced him to make up his mind, but he is one-hundred percent certain in his decision.

I'm excited.

I'm really, really excited to start a family with Pat.

The whole idea of pregnancy and children scares the hell out of me.