Chapter 49: New Love

Hey guys!

Sorry for the super late update, but my Wifi wasn't working all day and it was super frustrating. I finally got it up and working, so although it is late, I was able to get an update out for you guys.

Sorry again, enjoy the update!

-Becca xoxo

{Patrick}

I pull the key out of the ignition after I pull into a parking spot in the underground parking lot of Trump Tower.

I get out of the car, and lock it, as I close the door after me.

I head towards the elevator, and press floor eighty-four as the elevator doors close behind me.

I lean against the wall of the elevator, exhaling deeply as I throw my head back, closing my eyes.

It's Wednesday, December 28, about 5:30 in the evening.

The Blackhawks had a two hour practice at Johnny's Ice House this afternoon, which started at 3:00.

It was a long and hard practice.

The Hawks haven't had a game since just before Christmas, and this was our first day back on the ice after the short Christmas break that all NHL players get.

It was a great Christmas break.

Abby and I went to the Quinn family home and had Christmas dinner there with her family and my family.

It was great to see everyone again, and it was definitely nice to get a break from hockey, even for a few days.

In saying that none of us had been on the ice for a few days, Coach Q ensured that he worked us hard.

We had an hour of dry-land fitness, and then the on-ice drills were just conditioning.

We ran the beep test on ice, and that thing is literally Satan.

I can feel my muscles cramping up as the elevator ascends.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow, that's for sure.

The elevator quickly reaches floor eighty-four, and the doors slide open.

I file out of the elevator, and head down the hallway to our apartment.

I unlock the door, and swing it open, closing it behind me.

I can hear the stove fan on, meaning that Abigail must be cooking some kind of pasta or something.

Good, because I'm absolutely starving.

I take off my jacket, and hang it up in the closet, leaving me in just a black v-neck and a pair of jeans.

I walk through the apartment, and notice that Abby has set the glass dinner table already, with a few candles lit right in the middle.

We haven't had an actual dinner date here at the apartment with candles and all that, for a while.

Something must have convinced her to do this.

I notice Abby standing by the stove, dishing out what appears to be spaghetti onto two separate plates.

She turns off the stove fan, and the apartment is now quiet.

"Hey love." I say, as I walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She spins around, and looks up into me.

"Patrick!" She giggles, jumping into me, and kissing me on the cheek gently.