Chapter 7: The Truth Hidden Inside

{Abigail}

Patrick's hand is warm in mine.

His creases fit with mine perfectly.

His touch is gentle and fascinating, all at once.

We walk down the streets of Downtown Chicago together, hand-in-hand, as we eye the buildings and people around us.

It's Friday, July 1, at about 7:30 in the evening.

Patrick and I are going out for dinner tonight, as a date night.

We agreed on the restaurant Everest, because him and I both adore that place.

Everest isn't far from Trump Tower, so the two of us are walking there, which is what we are doing right now.

The streets of Downtown tonight aren't overly busy, but they aren't quiet either.

It's Friday night, and everyone is getting ready for an evening out in the city.

Not to mention the fact that it is a gorgeous night.

The sun is setting slowly, projecting a waterfall of oranges, reds, and yellows in the sky.

The skyscrapers appear to be just feet underneath the "cotton-candy clouds", as I like to call them.

After about ten minutes, Patrick and I reach Everest.

He opens the door for me, and gestures that I go in first.

"Ladies first." He smiles.

I giggle, and walk through the door.

The atmosphere of the restaurant greets me, and Patrick stands by my side.

The hostess leads us to a table for two, and Patrick and I sit down across from each other.

He looks over to me, and I can't help but realize how handsome he looks tonight.

He's not dressed up, as this restaurant isn't a fancy place.

He simply has a dark blue v-neck on, with black shorts.

Oh, and how could I forget?

The backwards Chicago Bears hat, of course.

His blue eyes pierce through mine, and I lose my breath thinking about them.

"So, how does it feel to be done work for the summer? I haven't really asked you about it." Patrick asks, sipping his water.

"It's been really nice. I feel like I've had nothing to do though, so it's kind of weird." I shrug.

"Yeah, I get that." Pat says, looking down at the table.

"How have you been handling the whole Stanley Cup thing?" I ask, laughing.

"It's been absolutely incredible. I can't describe what it feels like. It's happened to me four times, and I'm still in love with the emotions I feel when it happens." Pat explains, shaking his head.

"I can't even imagine how it must feel." I say, looking straight at him.

He looks back up at me, and his eyes resemble an entire ocean.

Powerful but gentle.

Large but calming.

I've never been able to put words together that describe how I feel about his eyes.

They are too magnificent for words.

"I can't describe it." He says, laughing.

And it was long ago, that I decided, his laugh is my favorite sound in the entire world.