Chapter 55: Friendships of Heart

{Abigail}

"Oh my God, Abigail you should get this. This would look so good on you!" Chaunette exclaims, from behind me.

I spin around on my heel, and see Chaunette holding up a black work-shirt, that has dark sequin patterns on it.

By the looks of it, it is a fairly tight shirt.

Normally, I would totally try that shirt on, and would probably end up wearing it, but I don't really want to buy shirts that I'm not going to fit into within the next couple months.

I shrug.

"I don't know. It's cute and all, but I think I'll pass." I say, biting my lip.

Chaunette tilts her head slightly, and furrows her eyebrows.

"Okay." She laughs, shrugging.

She puts the shirt back on the rack.

It's Saturday, February 18, about 1:00 in the afternoon.

The Blackhawks are on about a week-long road trip, which leaves just the girls and I for a few days.

The Hawks left this morning, and so Chaunette, Natalie and I made plans to get together this afternoon.

We decided that we would get together to go shopping at the mini "mall" on Michigan Avenue.

Right now, we're in an Armani store, simply looking around.

This past week has been good, but work has been really busy.

I'm so excited that it is finally the weekend, as I have been exhausted lately.

And I don't think the pregnancy is helping.

"Are you sure, Abby? That's the kind of shirt you would normally love." Natalie laughs, as she looks through the rack of clothes across from Chaunette.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too." Chaunette laughs.

I sigh, turning around to look at both Natalie and Chaunette.

Neither of them know about my pregnancy yet, and I hadn't intended on telling them.

But I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this from them.

Last night, the girls invited me over to Chaunette and Andrew's place for drinks, and I had to turn down the offer.

For starters, I was too exhausted to go out anywhere, and secondly, I can't drink anyways.

Sooner or later, they are going to start suspecting something.

"Do you guys want to go get lunch somewhere? I'm getting kind of hungry." I say, laughing.

"Yeah, that sounds nice." Chaunette smiles, nodding.

"Yeah, sure!" Natalie agrees, smiling.

We haven't really found much at Armani anyways, and we've been here for half an hour.

We may as well go for lunch now.

I think that would be the best time to tell them about my pregnancy.

With that, the three of us leave the store, and start heading through the mall.

It's fairly busy here today, as it is a Saturday.

We walk together, heading towards the Starbucks which is pretty close to the Armani.

We get to Starbucks, and all three of us get in line.

"A lot of white girls here this afternoon." Chaunette laughs, looking around.

"Oh my God Chaunette, you're hilarious." I laugh, rolling my eyes playfully.