Chapter 17: A Vivid Presence

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for not updating on Saturday as I usually do, but I didn't bring my laptop with me to Toronto, and couldn't update for that reason. I apologize for that!

If any of you are wondering though, TAYLOR SWIFT WAS SOOOOOO AMAZING. I WAS LITERALLY IN TEARS THE ENTIRE SHOW AND I STILL DON'T HAVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW I'M FEELING ABOUT IT. WOW. I ALSO MET HER MOM FOR THE SECOND TIME, WHICH WAS SUPER COOL. :)

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that sadly, I won't be able to update this Saturday either! It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and therefore, I'm going to Chicago on Thursday, AND YESSSSS I'M SEEING THE BLACKHAWKS PLAY ON OCTOBER 10!!! AHHHH. I am so excited I can't even put it into words!!!

I apologize for not updating last Saturday or this Saturday, but I promise after this weekend, my schedule will go back to normal.

Thanks so much, and love you all,

-Becca xoxo

{Patrick}

I walk up the steps of a family-home that I know all too well.

The Summers Residence.

I have spent a huge portion of my childhood in this neighborhood, and at this house.

A bottle of red wine is in my hand.

My mom, my dad, Erica, Jessica, Jackie, Abigail, and myself all drove here together.

It's Thursday, July 14, exactly 6:00 in the evening.

We have all been invited over to the Summers' for dinner, and so that is what we are doing here.

Jackie rings the doorbell.

"How long has it been since you were last here, Pat?" Erica asks, looking over at me.

My sisters, Abigail, and my mom all look beautiful tonight.

It's not a fancy dinner, but we all decided to dress it up a little bit tonight.

The girls are all wearing strapless summer dresses, and my dad and I are both wearing polo shirts with shorts.

"Too long." I say, laughing.

I hear a few quick steps behind the door.

With that, Melissa Summers, or Aunt Melissa, as I know her, swings open the door.

Her jaw drops, and she places her hands over her mouth.

"Hello everyone! Oh my goodness, it's been too long since I've seen some of you guys!" Aunt Melissa says, moving aside and opening the door for all of us to come in.

We all greet her, and the chatter starts up quickly.

"My goodness, Patrick! Awe sweetie, I've missed you!" She smiles, pulling me in for a hug.

"I've missed you too, Aunt Melissa." I say, hugging her back.

"Congratulations on another Stanley Cup, young man." She smiles, patting me on the shoulder.

"Thank-you." I say, smiling.

Aunt Melissa then greets my sisters, complimenting on how beautiful they all look, greets my parents, and then finally gets to Abigail.

Abigail and Aunt Melissa have met multiple times, the most recent time being last Christmas.

"Good to see you again, young lady." Aunt Melissa smiles, hugging Abby.