Chapter 58: Worlds Away

{Abigail}

"Oh Abby, this place is going to feel so lonely without you here. We're all going to miss you so much!" Jennifer pouts, as she leans against my desk.

I sigh, smiling up at her.

"You're so kind, Jennifer. I really wish this wasn't my last day." I say, shaking my head.

She smiles down at me, tucking her red hair behind her ear.

"But, I'm so happy for you and Pat." Jennifer says, nodding.

I smile up at her.

"Thanks Jenn." I say, quietly.

I run my hand through my hair, sighing happily.

It's Friday, March 3, about 10:00 in the morning.

Today, is my last day of full-time work, until after I give birth.

I might come into the office here and there within the next six months, but I am no longer going to be working full-time.

Patrick and I both decided that stopping work full-time (for the next little while, anyways) would be beneficial because with Pat being gone so much, it's nice to be home and available when he is home too.

Plus, lately my pregnancy hormones have been throwing me off.

I'll randomly burst into tears sometimes, or I'll get frustrated at something or someone for no reason, and then make myself look completely stupid, all because of fucking hormones.

They only started about a week ago.

I'm just over three months pregnant now, and the hormones are officially starting to settle in.

I'm exhausted more than half the time, and when I'm not, I crave things like pineapple or sour gummy worms, and I have absolutely no idea why.

The hormones have put me on an emotional roller coaster that I have no control of, and I figured that taking time off work, isn't a bad idea.

Today, is my very last day of full-time work, before my hours decrease significantly.

It's bittersweet; I don't want to leave work, since I have a passion for what I do.

However, I am exhausted and in-need of a break.

It sucks that I have to leave after I just completely took last summer off, but I also wasn't expecting to get pregnant when I made the decision to take so much time off work.

Things happen.

Life happens.

And in my life, I just happened to get pregnant.

Which essentially, does change everything.

"Well, I guess you have seven more hours, and you're out of here for the next six months!" Jenn winks, as she sits down on the chair across from mine.

We're sitting in my office, before our days really start to begin.

I have a few clients coming in for family photos, and one baby photo-shoot, so it's not an overly-busy day, thankfully.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say, smiling down at my lap.

I sit back in the leather chair at my desk, running a hand through my hair, and then placing my other hand on my baby bump.

It's grown, pretty significantly within the past couple weeks, actually.

I personally think that it is extremely noticeable, but that's because I am used to seeing myself a certain way.