Chapter 27: Last Kiss

{Jonathan}

I stroll over the spongy grass, feeling my feet sink slightly as I take each step.

I hold a bouquet of flowers of all different colors, in my left hand. 

I know this place too well; I've been here countless times before.

I smile, looking around at all the familiar gravestones that I pass in order to get to the one I will forever love.

It's Wednesday, August 10, at about 11:00 in the morning.

I'm seeing Ally, today.

When I woke up this morning, something told me that I needed to come see her.

Something told me that I needed to be with her, here.

I don't know if it's all the excitement with the wedding that is coming up in just over a week, or if it was because of my breakup with Natalie.. I really don't know.

I just needed to be here, this morning.

And so here I am. At the cemetery that she was buried in.

All my life, I have always loved mornings.

I like being up early. I feel like there's something so beautiful about each morning being the beginning of a new day. 

A new day, in which all things are possible.

Right now, the sun is shining, and the breeze is warm and pleasant.

There are hardly any clouds in the sky, and the crispness and sweetness of this morning made me feel the need to come here.

Sometimes, this place is the place where all my thoughts turn to cloudy memories, and other times, it's where I feel the most peaceful.

Sometimes, it's the place where I feel the most content with everything in the world, despite all that has happened in mine.

I continue through the familiar landscape of the cemetery, passing gravestones each with their own stories that they tell all on their own.

This cemetery is quite large, but I never have trouble finding the place where I need to be, whenever I'm here.

It's almost as if it calls me; I don't even have to look for it.

It's Ally's gravestone, of course.

Her voice and her beauty takes my feet to where I need to go, whenever I come here.

After a few minutes, I arrive at the familiar gravestone in front of me.

The well-polished, grey gravestone sits upon the grass, with a few words elegantly engraved into it. 

"Ally Summers: beloved friend, daughter, athlete, teammate, and girlfriend. February 4, 1990-December 20, 2014."

I smile, shaking my head as I look down at my feet.

Ally Summers: forever the name on my lips.

I smile, seeing that a bouquet of red roses already sits in front of the gravestone, obviously left there by someone who misses her too.

It wasn't me who left those roses.

It could be anyone, really; Chaunette, Patrick, Abigail.... or none of us.

None of us... but someone.

And I'm alright with not knowing who it was.

Something about seeing the roses there, reminds me that I'm not the only one who misses her.