Chapter 67: One for the Dagger

{Abigail}

I walk through the busy concourse towards the entrance to the Blackhawks family/friends box that the girls and I are going to be sitting in at the Blackhawks game tonight.

Usually, I always sit in regular seats in the first bowl, but tonight, all of the wives, girlfriends, friends, and family members of the Blackhawks have been invited to sit in a box at the top of the first bowl.

It's Sunday, May 7, about 7:15 in the evening.

The Chicago Blackhawks play the St. Louis Blues in game five tonight, at the United Center.

The Hawks are up 3-1 in the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and have a chance to close out the series at home, advancing them to the Western Conference Finals.

Erica, Jessica, Jackie, Donna, and my mom all reach the entrance to the box seating, and I flash my VIP Blackhawks lanyard that unlocks the door.

We all enter the box, and I immediately recognize all of the people in the room.

There are a few couches in the main area of the box, with food laid out everywhere.

A lot of the Hawks wives and girlfriends are chatting with one another, and to my right, the box extends out into a few chairs that sit at the top of the first bowl of the UC.

They are amazing seats, and I immediately recognize the blonde haired girl sitting in one of those seats, looking out at the ice as the Blackhawks and Blues finish their warmups.

Chaunette.

I quickly walk across the box, saying hello to a few people as I do so, until I reach where Chaun is sitting.

"Hey you!" I laugh, putting my hands on either of her shoulders.

Chaunette turns her head to look at me, and her jaw drops.

"Abigail! Oh my God, it feels like forever since I last saw you!" She cries, getting up and hugging me.

"I know, it's been since April! Way too long!" I giggle, hugging her back.

"Oh my God, you're so pregnant! You look fantastic!" Chaunette laughs, shaking her head and looking down at my baby bump.

I smile, moving one hand down to my large baby bump.

"Thanks Chaun." I smile, quietly.

Chaunette smiles, and then her eyes move past me and her jaw drops once again.

"Erica, Jessica, Jackie!" She cries, excitedly.

I hear the Kane sisters squeal excitedly as the four of them all exchange hugs.

I smile, taking a seat in the chair next to Chaunette's.

After about five minutes, everyone has greeted everyone, and we are all chatting together, enjoying the atmosphere of the game.

The United Center is already completely full, as the game is starting in about two minutes now.

The ice is completely empty right now, and the lights are dimmed.

In a few moments, the Hawks will come out onto the ice, and this building will explode into a full-out house of passion.

Amanda Bickell and Kelly-Rae sit down in the seats next to me, on my right.

"Hey Abby!" Amanda smiles, giving me a small wave.

"Hey guys!" I laugh, waving back.

"You're so pregnant, my God!" Kelly-Rae laughs, shaking her head.