Chapter 48: Together

Hey guys!

I just want to give a quick shoutout to the lovely @MrsNugentHopkins (or Danielle) on Wattpad. She is an amazing writer and she actually just started a new Edmonton Oilers/Connor McDavid fanfiction called "Life as a McDavid". It's really good, and you guys should totally go check it out.

Thanks so much, and enjoy the update!

-Becca xoxo

{Abigail}

"Wow, it feels weird to be walking up this driveway again." I say, as I make my way up the large driveway towards my family home.

"You haven't been back home to this place for a while, have you?" Pat asks, looking down at me.

I shake my head smiling.

"No, it's been a while, actually." I shrug, laughing.

The snow crunches under our feet as we make our way up to the front entrance of my family home.

It's Sunday, December 25, about 5:00 in the evening.

It's Christmas Day, and this year, the Christmas dinner is at my parents' home in the suburbs of Chicago.

My parents have lived here their entire life, and I lived in this house until I was in my early twenties.

My younger brother Chris lived here until University, when he moved out.

He attends the University of Pittsburgh, and has been going there for the last few years.

I haven't actually seen him since the wedding in August, so it's going to be nice to see him again tonight.

He absolutely loves Pittsburgh and his school, but he misses Chicago dearly.

Chris is a die-hard basketball fan.

He loves the NBA.

He's been obsessed with basketball his entire life.

He has played since he was extremely little, all through middle school and high school, and even played on the University basketball team in Pittsburgh for two years, before realizing he didn't have time for it amongst his studies.

So I know that he misses having a basketball team in his city, since Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team, but Chicago has the Bulls.

He's been a huge Bulls fan his whole life, and I don't think that will ever change.

I remember one time when Chris came over to the apartment at Trump Tower with Patrick and I one weekend, and we ran into Derrick Rose in the lobby, since he lives in Trump Tower as well.

Chris started freaking out.

He literally was worshipping the guy.

It was the funniest thing ever.

Right then, Patrick and I make our way up the steps to the front entrance, and I ring the doorbell.

The sound of it is familiar to me.

I flatten out my skirt, and run a hand through my curled brown hair, as we wait for the door to be opened.

I hear a few footsteps coming to the door, and my mom swings the door open.

"Hey Mom!" I say, as Patrick and I make our way inside.

"Hello Abby, oh I've missed you!" My mom says, as she pulls me in for a tight hug.

"I've missed you too, Mom." I laugh, as I take off my jacket and hang it up in the closet.

"Oh, Patrick it's so nice to see you again!" My mom laughs, hugging Patrick.