Chapter 30: The Elegance of Anticipation

{Abigail}

Saturday, August 20.

11:00 AM.

The day of the wedding, has arrived.

I stand in the shower, the hot water rolling down my bare body, my eyes closed as I feel the water on my face.

The butterflies in my stomach are intense.

I have wedding jitters.

And, I have them bad too.

The makeup artist, Kennedy, and hair stylist, Vickie are going to be doing my makeup and hair at 11:30.

Both Kennedy and Vickie are on the main floor of the apartment right now, doing my bridesmaids' hair and makeup.

Both of my parents are down there as well.

After Kennedy and Vickie finish with the five girls downstairs, it will be my turn, up here in the bedroom.

Once I'm finished, my bridesmaids, my parents, and I will make our way to the wedding hall, via limo.

Don't even ask me how it happened, but somehow they got it arranged.

We are all taking a limo to the wedding hall.

Patrick has already left the apartment, and to be honest, I don't know where he is.

He's probably with the guys, playing video games at Jonathan's place, and starting to get dressed into his tuxedo.

I only saw him briefly this morning, before he left.

He knew he had to get out of the way, because he's not supposed to see me until I walk down the aisle.

Walk down the aisle.

Today.

I suddenly get a swirl of nausea in my stomach, from the wedding jitters.

Oh my God, I have them so badly.

The wedding is at 2:00.

I lean against the wall in the shower, closing my eyes and thinking about today.

Thinking about all that could go wrong, thinking about...

I stop myself.

I need to think positively.

Everything is going to be fine.

Within ten minutes, I shut the hot water off, and get out of the shower.

I dry myself off, wrapping myself up in a bath robe, and leaving my hair down, and wet.

I'm sure Vickie will deal with that however she wants to.

I glance at the clock.

11:27.

In my bathrobe and slippers, I head out of the bathroom, and out of the bedroom.

I can hear excited voices coming from the main floor.

I make my way downstairs, and my jaw drops at the sight in front of me.

My mom is smiling and laughing with Erica.

Both, look absolutely stunning.

My mom has a long, dark dress on, and she wears a beautiful diamond necklace.

Her hair has been straightened, and her makeup is beautiful.

Erica's short blonde hair has been styled into a very fancy bun, leaving a few loose curls around her ears.