Chapter 54: Webs of Emotions

Hey guys!

I apologize for not updating yesterday, I had a really busy day and limited access to my computer! Therefore, I'm updating today instead.

Enjoy! :)

-Becca xoxo

{Abigail}

"Patrick, love, could you please bring the salad to the table?" I ask, as I carefully look in the mirror, trying to get my other earring in.

"Yeah, sure!" I hear Pat call from across the floor.

"Thank-you!" I call back, turning my head to see the mirror better.

It's Saturday, February 11, about 5:50 in the evening.

Patrick and I invited both of my parents over for dinner at the apartment tonight, and I have been making a really nice pasta dish for the past few hours.

Now, Pat and I are rushing to set the table.

We both got ready for dinner about twenty minutes ago, simply changing into something slightly more presentable.

Pat threw on a long-sleeved black v-neck and dark jeans, while I put on a white tank top and capris jeans.

I put on a little bit of makeup, and just left my hair down and naturally straight.

I glance in the mirror by the entrance of the apartment, and finally feel my earring slip through my piercing.

"Yes, I finally got it!" I cry, in celebration.

"What?" Patrick calls, from the kitchen.

I laugh, walking across the main floor to the kitchen, and notice Patrick pouring out a few glasses of water from the pitcher.

"I finally got my damn earring in," I explain, laughing.

He laughs, shaking his head, and moving over to where I am standing.

He takes my hand, and raises his arm up.

Giggling, I twirl under his arm, before he pulls me in close to him, resting his hand on the small of my back.

I look up at him, smiling, and he looks back down at me, his dimples accentuated and eyes shining in the light of the main floor.

Starlight dances within his eyes, and a vivid comet passes through his pupils.

His eyes make up the most magical starry night I have ever seen.

"You look beautiful, love," He says, kissing me on the forehead gently.

I blush, looking down at our intertwined fingers.

"Thank-you, Patrick. This love is ours." I say, smiling up at him.

"This love is ours." He smiles, sighing happily.

"How do you think your parents are going to react to the news?" Patrick asks, a half-smirk on his face.

I shrug, looking past him for a moment, and then my gaze moving back onto his eyes.

"They are going to be happy, Patrick. Extremely overjoyed, for sure. I'm curious to see their reaction, to be honest." I laugh, shrugging.

"I'm excited too," He says, quietly.

The main purpose of having my parents over tonight is to tell them that Patrick and I are expecting.

However, I'm also looking forward to simply seeing and catching up with my parents again.

Right then, the sound of a knock on the door breaks the silence and stillness of the apartment.