Chapter 5: The Art of Love

{Patrick}

"Kaner, let's go! Get your ass down here." A deep voice yells from the main floor of the apartment.

"I'm coming!" I call back, throwing my Chicago Bears flat brim hat on backwards.

I make my way down the stairs to see Abigail and Patrick Sharp in the main entrance to the apartment.

It's Wednesday, June 29.

Sharpie, Shawzy, Jonathan, and I are all having a boys night out at none other than The Windy City Night Bar, tonight.

It's 8:45 in the evening, and the boys and I are supposed to meet there at 9:00.

Sharpie has agreed to pick me up, hence the reason why he is standing in my doorway.

"God, you take forever." Sharpie laughs, running a hand through his brown hair.

Sharpie is two whole years older now, but God, he's still a chick-magnet.

He's been voted Chicago's Sexiest Athlete twice in the past two years.

Age is just doing him well.

He's still the same old Sharpie that he always has been.

"Sorry man!" I laugh, throwing my hands up in the air.

Abby giggles.

"I'll see you in a few hours, Abbers." I say, kissing her on the cheek gently.

She smiles.

"Have fun tonight boys." She says, waving.

"Bye!" Sharpie and I say in unison.

With that, Sharpie and I make our way out of the apartment, down to the lobby, and then out onto the streets of Chicago.

Sharpie has parked his car on the main street in front of Trump Tower, so the two of us find his car, and get in.

He drives, and I take shotgun.

"You excited for tonight?" Sharpie asks, as he pulls out onto the main road.

"Obviously! You?" I ask.

Sharpie smiles, while nodding, exposing his pearly whites.

After about fifteen minutes, Sharpie and I arrive at The Windy City Night Bar, and make our way into the bar.

This bar will never get old.

This bar will forever remind me of the parties following the Stanley Cup victories.

Loud music blares from inside, and I can hear it from just outside the building.

The sun is beginning to set, casting a darker shade of blue sky over the city.

Sharpie and I make our way into the building, and as soon as we take our first steps in, the loud music and the smell of alcohol greets me aggressively.

We make our way over to the usual bar stools, and I locate Andrew.

Sharpie and I plop down on bar stools that are located on either side of Andrew.

"Hey man!" Sharpie says, bro hi-fiving Shawzy.

"Hey, you guys made it!" Shawzy laughs.

"You bet we did." I chuckle.

"Let me buy you young ones a drink." Sharpie says, ordering a few drinks from the bartender.

"Thanks man." I say, nodding upwards.

I look around my surroundings, and simply watch the place.

The energy at this place is nuts.

The dance-floor is super crowded, the pool table is busy, and the whole place is full of upbeat energy.