Chapter 18: The Moments of Night

Hey guys!

Once again, I apologize for not updating on Saturday, as I was away for the long weekend, in Chicago.

BUT OH MY GOD. IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY ENITRE LIFE. I've seen the Hawks twice now at the United Center, and both of those times have been the highlights of my life. I lose both my words and my breath even thinking about it.

I went to the game with one of my friends who I actually met in Chicago over a year ago, and we were finally reunited, which was super fun.

At the game, I also got to meet Patrick Kane's mom (for the second time), Andrew Shaw's girlfriend, Chaunette (SHE'S IN THIS STORY AND I WAS LITERALLY FREAKING OUT WHEN I MET HER), Bryan Bickell's wife, Amanda Bickell, Patty Kane's girlfriend, Amanda Grahovec, and Jonathan Toews' girlfriend, Lindsey!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I WAS LITERALLY HYPERVENTILATING AFTERWARDS, IT WAS AMAZING.

I can't believe that that actually happened. THEY WERE ALL SO NICE, AND GORGEOUS IN PERSON. I was so pleasantly surprised that they were ALL HELLA nice. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that with you. Enjoy the update! :)

-Becca xoxo

{Abigail}

"Sick! A home run to win the game!" Patrick laughs, standing up and cheering in his seat.

I get up with him, clapping my hands together and cheering as the player makes his way past second base.

It's Friday, July 15, about 9:00 in the evening.

Patrick and I are at a Buffalo Bisons game, and they are, obviously, about to win.

The Bisons are Buffalo's minor-league baseball team, and Patrick and I decided that we would go to the game tonight.

It's been a good night, not to mention the fact that it's gorgeous.

The sun has set, and the night is clear.

An large moon sits boldly in the sky, and the stars are faint.

In this part of the city, right in the heart of Downtown, it's harder to see the stars.

But out at Patrick's lakehouse, they are far more vivid.

Nonetheless, they are present, and beautiful at that.

The crowd is loud in the stands, as they cheer for the win.

The player makes his back to home base, and the cheers grow even louder.

The final score is announced, and within five minutes, everyone starts leaving their seats, as the game is finished.

"You ready to go?" Pat asks, looking over to me from his seat.

I nod, smiling.

He takes my hand, and we intertwine our fingers as we leave our section, and head into the concourse.

The concourse is fairly busy, but nothing compared to the United Center.

Fans are cheering happily, for the Bisons' win.

Patrick and I weave our way through the crowd, and finally exit the stadium.

We make our way down the street to the public parking lot in which we parked, and locate our car.

The air is sweet and warm, hazy but crisp.

It's a gorgeous summer night, and I could not have spent it any better.