Chapter 3: Quick Clicks

{Abigail}

CLICK!

I snap a quick photo of The Bean in front of me with my favorite camera.

"That's going to be a nice shot." Chaunette says.

"I hope so!" I laugh, glancing at the picture quickly on my camera screen.

It's Sunday, June 19, at about 2:00 in the afternoon.

Chaunette and I are making our way through Millennium Park in Downtown Chicago, and we are simply walking, talking, and I'm taking pictures.

Today is my last day of work for the entire summer.

Well by "work", I mean taking pictures around Downtown.

I told myself I would get at least fifty more photographs before I finished work for the summer.

So, in saying that, Chaunette agreed to hang out with me for the afternoon while we walk around Downtown Chicago taking pictures. After I finish taking all the photographs I want, we will make a quick stop at Abby's Images to drop off a few things and say goodbye to everyone before my time off. Then, to finish it all off, the two of us are going to have a girl's dinner tonight somewhere in Downtown.

We haven't decided where yet.

"So, what's Andrew up to today?" I ask as we keep strolling through Millennium Park.

We've been walking through Downtown for about half an hour so far, and I don't even have half the pictures I want yet.

"He's hanging out with his brother. What about Patrick?" Chaunette asks.

"He's with Jonathan, at his place." I reply, taking a quick snap of the fountains.

"I'm worried about Jonathan." Chaunette says, quickly.

I look over at her.

Her hair is down and straight, and she's wearing large sunglasses.

She has a half-sleeve shirt on, with a long skirt that flows all the way down to her ankles.

She of course, looks adorable.

It's a really nice day out, quite warm, and not a cloud in the sky.

"Me too." I agree, quietly.

Chaun shakes her head.

"I'm glad he has guys like Patrick around all the time." She smiles.

I nod in agreement.

Chaunette and I have grown incredibly close over the past couple years.

She is easily my best friend, and I don't know what I would do without her.

Not a lot of people think of it in this way, but Chaunette lost something so huge when Ally was killed.

Most people think about how her passing would effect her family or her boyfriend, but almost no one truly comprehends just how much it impacted her best girl friend.

Chaunette lost her best friend, and I could never imagine losing someone that you are so close to.

Chaunette and Ally were basically inseparable.

The two of us continue walking, until we get out of Millennium Park.

We make our way back towards Trump Tower, where I take a few pictures of the Chicago River on the way there.

I love photography.

It is my passion.

I don't know what I would do without it.