Chapter 4: Stolen Kisses

{Patrick}

"Come on Pat, tell me where we are going! You know how much I hate surprises." Abigail pouts, her arms crossed as she sits in the passenger seat beside me.

"I know you hate surprises, but how much I love you makes up for that." I wink back at her, smiling.

She rolls her eyes, and then I see her smile at her lap.

It's Friday, June 24, about 11:30 in the morning.

Abigail and I are going on a date together today, but she has no idea where we are going.

I do, though.

Abigail loves dogs.

Her entire life, she has absolutely adored dogs.

Her favorite photo shoots to shoot are the ones where dogs are involved.

She's hilarious, really.

Abby's love for dogs is quite insane, it's actually very funny.

Trump Tower Chicago doesn't allow pets, so there's no way the two of us are getting one as long as we live there, but that's not to say Abby can't interact with dogs at all while we live there.

Today, I'm taking her to the Chicago Dog Shelter.

It's just outside of Downtown, and it's a really great place.

The Blackhawks have done charity work for them, and they have tons of dogs there.

So of course, I'm taking Abby there today.

The two of us are going to hang out with the puppies, and she is literally going to be in heaven.

"Please Patrick, tell me where we are going!" Abby begs, as she giggles.

"Nope." I shake my head, popping the "p" in "nope".

She groans, as she looks out the window.

Her brown hair falls naturally straight today, and it blows in the wind as she turns her attention out the window.

Her aviator sunglasses are on, and she's wearing a grey v-neck with jean short shorts.

I smile as I watch her, taking quick looks from the road to back to her.

I know I should be paying full-attention to the road, but her beauty is gravitational.

I can't take my attention off of her.

Within ten minutes, we reach the parking lot of the Chicago Dog Shelter.

I park the car, and then glance over at Abigail, adjusting my backwards flat brim hat.

"No way..." Abigail trails off, looking out the windshield and at the large building in front of us.

The sun is high in the sky, and it's a beautiful summer day.

The lighting makes her appear to be glowing.

"I know you love dogs." I chuckle.

Her mouth drops, and then she jumps out of the car.

"Oh my God, Patrick! I was not expecting this, oh my God!" She giggles, as she jumps excitedly around the car.

I get out from the driver's side, and meet her at the front of the car.

She jumps into me, wraps her legs around my waist, and kisses me right on the lips.

Our lips move in-sync for a few seconds, as she runs her hands through my hair, my hat falling to the ground.