23.

We laid next to each other on his bed facing each other. 'Why did you never tell that Sokka guy you liked him?' he asked me while trailing his fingers over my face. 'When we were kids he hated me but I tried to get him to like me by acting really girly but I couldn't hold that up for long and he still hated me' 'Why would he hate you?' 'Because of my father. I said he was from another nation, right?' I asked him.

'Yes you did but I don't see why he would hate you for that. It's not common but it can't be that bad?' he still didn't get it 'The problem was not that my father was from another nation but it was the nation he was from' I said to him and looked at him to see if he gets what I mean. 'My father was from the Fire Nation Zuko' I finally said and he gasped.

'How is that possible?!' he asked after a couple minutes of silence. 'They met at a harbor. My mother was there to attack them, she was a water bender. But when they saw each other they fell in love. At least that's the story Gran-gran told me and my mother told her.' I explained to him. 'Now I get why they left you at the South Pole, was your mother from the South Pole?'

'No she was from the North Pole but she knew that she couldn't bring me there, they would've never accepted me and if they did I would be an outcast and she didn't want that for me that's why she brought me to the South Pole.' I explained. 'So that can be the reason we get along now' he grinned 'Of course that the only explanation there is' I joked along. 'But I still don't get why Sokka would hate you for that. You didn't chose who your parents were going to be.' He stated. 'Yeah that's right but he kept going on about I was a spy for the Fire Nation and so on.' 'How could you be a spy? You were a kid and the Fire Nation didn't even know you existed'.

'Well I think they know there is a child but just don't know who it is. Because my father ran away with my mother and they searched for them but couldn't find them, at least not before I was born after they dropped me off they were planning on finding a place as safe as possible and if it was really save they would come and get me but I guess they never found it or the Fire Nation found them.' I looked sad down at our hands. 'Don't you want to know what happened I mean maybe they're still alive' 'I thought about that a lot but I have no idea where to begin. But enough about me. Tell me more about you, do you have any siblings?' I asked him.

'Yeah unfortunately I do. I have a younger sister, Azula' he told me bitter 'That's some comparison to your grandfather' I stated. 'Yeah she is really loved by my father and if I can't return home with the Avatar she will take the throne' he said sadly. I can't understand that someone would want so much responsibility, I mean you have to take care of an entire nation and its people.

'When you told me that Iroh was your father's older brother I was thinking about how the world could be if he was Fire Lord and not your father.' I questioned. 'I don't think it would've been that different. Before the death of his son my uncle tried to get into Ba Sing Se and after that he retreated and retired. My father became Fire Lord because he was at the castle at the time of death so it was most convenient.' He explained to me. 'Iroh had a son? But he never speaks of him' it's true I never heard him say something about having a son I just thought he never had any children.

'My cousin Lu Ten was ten years older than me and he was helping my uncle with the siege of Ba Sing Se but died in battle. They had a great bond and my uncle was devastated when he died. I never got to know him that well because of the age difference. Hey what's wrong?' he asked me when he saw my tears, I think this is the first time I cried in front of him.

I wiped away my tears 'I'm sorry but I can't imagine how Iroh must have felt when he heard. You really have to make sure that nothing happens to you, I don't think that Iroh will be able to handle it when something happens to you to' I gave him a fierce look 'You have to promise me that you will not put him through that again' 'Okay I promise. Now calm down I will not let anything happen to me' and he stroked my face and then he hung above me.

'Is it only because of my uncle that you want me to promise that I will let nothing happen to me?' he asked and his face came closer to mine. 'That's the only reason of course, I couldn't care less' I said with a straight face. 'Oh really' he smiled and then I felt his lips on mine and then they were gone and on my neck. I held onto his bare back and could feel the muscles moving under my hands.

I grabbed his face with my hands a brought his lips back to mine and then curled my arms around his neck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue

- Please no hate messages

- If you see any mistakes let me know

- xo Calypso.