95.

I stayed beside Aang when he was sleeping and stared at the stars. Then Aang woke up and looked at the ocean. I followed his gaze and saw something that looked like an island, but that wasn't there before. He stood up and jumped down and I went after him together with Momo.

We get to the beach and Aang looks at the island and then walks into the ocean and starts swimming. Just when I'm about to follow him Roku appears. ''There is something wrong with Aang! You have to help him'' I say to Roku and look at Aang who is swimming towards the island.

''I'm not here for Aang, I'm here for you Miku. Aang has his own journey'' Roku says and looks at Aang. ''But why are you here for me, I thought you only helped the Avatar'' I say and sit down in the sand.

''That's right but you are an exception. I'm here to tell you about the bond between Aang and you'' he says and I look up now he got me really interested. ''The Avatar follows a cycle. From air to water to earth to fire and so on'' Roku begins.

''Yeah I know that'' I say a little bored, this was stuff I already knew. ''If you look at Aangs birthdate you know that he is really old, but because of the ice he stayed a boy. There was no guarantee that he would survive it or that anyone would find him so the universe was ready to create a new Avatar, a waterbender'' Roku tells me and I don't understand what it has to do with me and just when I want to ask that he continues.

''And that waterbender that was supposed to be the next Avatar is sitting right in front of me'' he says and I look at him with disbelief. ''You were to be the next Avatar Miku'' Roku says calm and I jump up. 

''That's not possible! There can't be two Avatars at once and Aang was still alive so how could I be... It's just not possible'' I say and look at him waiting for him to tell me this was a joke. ''I mean I could've been born a firebender because of my father'' I say trying to make sense of this.

''From the day you were conceived you were destined to be an waterbender and the next Avatar. You would've been a great example because of your parents and the different cultures'' he says this as calm as ever. I sit down again and hold my head as if it would help me understand this all.

''So how am I not the Avatar then? Aang wasn't released from the ice and I know there is a test for the babies to find out about the Avatar'' I question. ''This test was done and you choose the right toys'' he explains.

''Why didn't anyone tell me then? And I know that it is told to the Avatar when he or she turns sixteen that he or she is the Avatar and that didn't happen with me'' I say. ''That is because you turned sixteen after Aang was out of the iceberg and I'm sorry to say it this way but you were not needed as an Avatar anymore'' he says and looks sad because he has to tell me like this.

''So if Katara and Sokka didn't find Aang or they found him after my birthday I would've been the Avatar'' I say and stare at the ocean in shock. ''That's right'' Roku says and lays his hand on my shoulder.

''Is that the reason you can come and see me? And why I have this bond with Aang?'' I ask looking up at him. ''Yes it is. The bond you have is similar to the bond the Avatar has with the previous lives but the difference is that the two of you are both alive and it works in a different way. In this situation you are like the past lives because you can sense him and make sure he's alright and why you can understand him the best out of your friends, he was supposed to be your previous life''

''I guess that makes sense. What happens when Aang dies? Will there be an Avatar in from the Water Tribes?'' I ask. ''Yes the cycle will continue because you never became a full Avatar'' Roku smiles at me.

''Will Aang be alright?'' I ask him looking at the island that is drifting away. ''Why do you ask me? You know the answer yourself'' he jokes. ''I have to go now Miku, but I hope you understand yourself more after this'' Roku says and I stand up. ''I really do. Thank you Roku'' I say and bow to him and he disappears.

I walk to the ocean and sit in the water. I still had to process this all. I can't believe this would have been my life no matter what happened. Only I wouldn't be together with Zuko because he would try to capture me instead of Aang. I can't imagine to be able to bend the other elements. I swirl my hand and create a little iceberg in the water. I lay back and feel my hair getting drenched with the salt water. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

The next morning I wake up because of Zuko screaming my name. ''Miku! Are you alright?!'' he asks when I open my eyes and I see he is holding me in his arms. ''I'm alright Zuko, nothing to worry about'' I smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue.

- Please no hate messages.

- If you see any mistakes let me know.

- xo Calypso-Nox.