31.

Something happened with Zuko. That was my first thought. I stayed outside for a little while and looked up at the sky. The night sky is always so beautiful with all the stars and the beautiful moon. The night always had some sort of draw to me.

When I came back I saw Aang and Katara looking a little scared and angry at the same time. 'What happened?' I asked them 'Pakku found out I was teaching Katara and now he will not teach me anymore' Aang said defeated.

The next morning we stood before the chief, Yue and master Pakku. Katara tried asking if the chief could persuade Pakku to continue to teach Aang. The chief said that Katara had to apologize to Pakku, but I know she wouldn't do that and she shouldn't.

She shouted at Pakku and the ice started to break. 'I will be outside if your man enough to fight me' she said and walked out and I walked next to her. 'It's the right thing to do. He has to see that women can fight too. Good luck' I said to her and gave me a hug.

Then Sokka and Aang came outside and Sokka said that she can't win and Aang said that she doesn't have to do that for him and he can find another teacher. 'She is not doing it for you Aang. She is doing for all the women that can water bend but may not learn how to fight. Maybe even for all the women because we are equal to men and not below them' I said to him.

Then Pakku came down 'So you think we are equal little non bender girl' he said mockingly. 'I think if we fight bare hand, without bending it wouldn't even take me a minute to beat you so yeah I think we are equal, bender or not, man or woman' I said while containing my anger. Now I really hate it that I hide my bending. I would beat the crap out of him.

Pakku wanted to walk away and said to Katara she had to go to the healing hut with the other women. She used a water whip to get it through his thick skull that she was serious.

Katara was doing really well. He was better than her but he had years of training and Katara never had training. But she was getting tired and then he had her caged in. I wanted to run to him but Sokka grabbed my hand.

And because of that I stayed where I was. Pakku walked away but then something on the ground got his attention and he picked it up. It was Katara's necklace. He told us that he carved it for Kanna, Gran-gran. He said he loved her and thought they would lead a long and happy live together. But Gran-gran was a free spirited woman she didn't want to live in a place where she couldn't be who she wanted to be and left.

Then it all fell in place. Gran-gran told me about my mother and her parents, my grandparents. She said that she at one point was engaged to my grandfather but she left before they married.

 He must have married another woman and started a family. She always found it funny that a part of him eventually found its way back to her. This man is my grandfather, he is my family.

Now I understand why she left this place and why she couldn't bring me here. He would've never accepted me. My mother wasn't married when she got pregnant and he was from the Fire Nation, I would have been an humiliation to him. I stared at him. I was not sure if I should confront him on this matter or if I should just keep this to myself.

The next morning I left with Aang to his practice and sat on the same spot as yesterday. Suddenly there was Katara. Pakku decided he would teach her.

I was awake the whole night still trying to decide what to do.

After the lesson I said that Aang and Katara that they could go and that I had something to do. I walked to Pakku.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue.

- Please no hate messages.

- If you see any mistakes let me know.

- xo Calypso-Nox.