30.

We were flying for two days straight and Sokka started to complain. And even saying that he never complains! But if someone complains it is Sokka. Now he and Aang got in an argument. I sighed and looked down at the ocean. Katara tried to calm them both down but I will not even try.

Suddenly someone used waterbending and made ice just in front of us. We all held on tight when Aang guided Appa through the upcoming ice. Then Appa's foot got caught in ice and he fell in the water. Soon the water around us froze and boats were coming our way. 'They're water benders! We found the Water Tribe!' Katara said 'It's more like they found us' I said and sat down. Sokka was ready to attack but he wouldn't make a chance against the water benders.

They guided us to the Water Tribe and we saw the great walls made of ice. This was entirely different then our home. The benders made a hole in the wall so we could get into the city.

The city was unbelievably beautiful. I can't get why my mother had fled from this place. 'This place is beautiful' Katara said while looking around 'Yes, she is' Sokka said when a girl on a boat came past us. 'Sokka get your ass up here, right now!' I hissed at him.

A feast was held and the chief of the northern Water Tribe introduced us. He also introduced his daughter, Yue and said she was now of marrying age. She was only sixteen, as old as I am. I can't imagine I would marry now.

Sokka was drooling just by seeing her and I slapped the back of his head but he didn't even notice. Then master Pakku and his students preformed for us. Princess Yue sat down next to Sokka and he began talking to her and saying that he is like a prince in our tribe, that's when I had to hold my laughter. Katara even joked about it in front of Yue which Sokka wasn't too happy about.

The next morning I walk with Aang and Katara to their lessons with master Pakku. I'm not going to take lessons since no one knows I'm a bender but I like to watch. For me it's very calming.

We arrived at the place Aang and Katara will have their lessons. Aang shouts good morning at Pakku, sometimes he really is a kid. 'I think there has been a misunderstanding, you didn't tell me your friend is a girl. In our tribe it's forbidden for women to learn waterbending.' Pakku said and I immediately knew that this wasn't going the right way.

Katara started shouting at Pakku, I don't blame her, it's ridicules. Apparently women here learn to heal instead of fight. Now Aang gets angry too and said that if Pakku won't teach Katara then he will not learn from him. 'You have to Aang!' I shout at him and Katara quickly walks to Aang and convinces him and she walks away. 'Well what about you. I'm not going to teach you' Pakku says to me 'There is nothing to teach me, I can't water bend' I tell him 'Then why are you here?' he asked me 'I find it calming to see people bend and I can keep an eye on Aang so he won't get in trouble' I explain him. He looked at me as if he could tell I was telling the truth. 'She really can't bend. If she could she would have escaped from someone a lot earlier. Can we begin?' Aang stood up for me and Pakku nodded. I sat down on the snow that covered the ground.

I think I get it now. Why my mother left. But I wonder how she learned to water bend and how it was possible for her to go fight in the war.

I watched as Aang was waterbending. I would like to openly water bend like that but I think the people at home wouldn't accept it if I did. They always wondered why there were almost no water benders in our tribe to everyone's knowledge Katara was the last one. If they knew that I too could water bend, they would think that I didn't deserve it because of my father. To them I wasn't pure, as in the bloodline, enough so I wouldn't deserve to water or fire bend.

A reason I went with Aang to his lesson was so I wouldn't be alone. Because I knew that Sokka would run around Yue the whole day.

At night we lay in our little ice house. Katara asked how warrior training was and Sokka began to talk about princess Yue, I really didn't want to hear this. It was the reason I wasn't hanging around with him. Sokka asked how the waterbending training went and Aang explained what Pakku said. Sokka said that Aang could teach Katara. And they went outside. Suddenly I felt a pain go through my chest and I gasped for air. 'Everything alright Miku?' Sokka asked concerned 'Yeah, I'm alright I'm going outside for some air' and I to walked outside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue.

- Please no hate messages.

- If you see any mistakes let me know.

- xo Calypso-Nox.