32.

'Can I talk to you? In private.' I asked him and he gave me a weird look but walked ahead and I followed him. 'What do you want to talk about? Do you want to apologize for yesterday?' he mocked me and I rolled my eyes.

'No I think that I have the right to speak my mind. And Kana told me there was someone else who did the same thing. You are my grandfather' I flapped out. He gave me a shocked expression 'How is that possible? I haven't seen my daughter in 17 years.'

'Of course you haven't. She went off to fight in the war but to you she said she went to help with healing the wounded. But she didn't want to heal, she wanted to fight and that's when she met him. I'm sure you know the story' I said to him. 'Of course I heard the story but how can I be sure that you are my granddaughter?' I couldn't believe he didn't believe me.

'My mother's name is Kamu, it's an unusual name for someone from the Water Tribe' I said to him and sighed. 'You don't look like her' he said 'Gran-gran always said I was a perfect mix between the two. Her blue eyes, his pale skin, their hair color mixed so it was a really dark brown and her bending' I said to him.

'You can bend?! But why did you say you can't?' he asked me in disbelief 'I never told anyone only Gran-gran knows and I don't even know how. I never bended in front of someone. I train on my own and learned how to fight without my bending' I explained.

'But why did she bring you to the South Pole, why not here were her family is.' 'Because she knew I wouldn't be accepted if she brought me here. She wasn't married or even engaged when she got pregnant. And my father is not from the Water Tribe. There was no way you would've taken me in and that's why she brought me to the South Pole' he sat down and was thinking of what I just told him.

'Are you going to tell me who your father is or from what nation he is?' he asked me already knowing the answer. 'No, I won't tell you and you will not tell anyone I'm your granddaughter. It will not only bring trouble to me but to you to. I just wanted you to know and that's all there is to it. When Aang is ready I'm going to leave this place with him again'.

'Do you know where she is? Have you ever heard from her?' was he only thing he asked me 'I don't know if she's alive but after the war I'm going to search for her and for my father. If I learn anything I will let you know if you want' If he wanted to know then he has the right to know.

'I'd love that it would mean a lot to me if you can do that. I hope after the war is over you can visit sometime even when you find nothing' he said and gave me a little smile. 'I can do that. It would be nice to get to know you.' And I really meant it. 'Now I will go back to my friends' I said and walked out. It went better than I thought it would go.

I was still walking outside when the snow came down. But is wasn't just snow this black snow was a sign the Fire Nation was coming.

The chief held a meeting and Sokka volunteered to fight in the battle. I knew it was because of Yue that he had no hesitation and it hurts me. Knowing he liked a girl from the first time he laid eyes on her and even wanted to risk his life for.

He never saw me as a girl and he never risked his life for me. Not even when I got captured by Zuko. And he never stood up for me when we were kids and the men were talking about me while I was in their presence and just made me listen to them calling me names. I had to endure it all on my own he was never there for me.

I can't believe I like him this much. That I like someone who never helped me. Of course he was kind to me and all but that's not the same. He protected Aang more than me and of course I'm happy for Aang, that he has a friend but I think deep down Sokka still hates me for who I am and who my father is.

I walk to Aang who is sitting outside looking at the ocean. 'Do you want me to tell you about who my parents are?' 'If you want to, I will not force you' he said still looking forward.

'You have to promise me that you won't hate me, okay?' I ask him with a little fear showing through my voice. I didn't want Aang to hate me. 'Of course I won't hate you, I promise' he said and looked at me.

'My mother is from this tribe and my father..... he is from the Fire Nation Aang' I tell him not looking at him. 'Wow, really?' he asked and I just nodded still not looking at him.

'I didn't see that coming. But I can't hate you for it. You didn't choose your parents. You're just the same Miku for me so don't be afraid' he said with a warm smile. And I smile back at him with tears in my eyes and gave him a big hug.

'Thank you Aang, for accepting me for who I am' 'Of course I accept you anyone who doesn't is just stupid' he said. And then I knew I had to forget about Sokka. The only thing he will do is hurt me even when he wasn't aware of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue.

- Please no hate messages.

- If you see any mistakes let me know.

- xo Calypso-Nox.