43.

'Yes they did' and I stand up and walk to the water. 'What did they do?' he asks carefully. I give him a sad smile. 'What good will it do if I tell you. You will only get very angry and then I have to help you calm down. It's in the past and none of them is ever going to hurt me. So just drop it okay? I don't like to talk about it.' I say softly while I look at the water.

'Please tell me, I want to know more about you' 'If I tell you, you will not look at me like you do now. No' 'I promise I won't treat you different' 'You will even Sokka did when he found out' 'I'm not him' 'No you're not. But you will get very angry and I don't want that' 'I will try to keep myself calm' 'You can't your just a hothead' 'Don't call me a hothead' 'Well sorry for telling the truth but I won't tell you' 'Come on!' 'Drop it Zuko, now!' I say with a fierce look.

'I'm going to walk for a bit and you will let this go and don't follow me' I say and walk away from him. We just need our space right now. I think it's because we are so different but at the same time we are very alike and that's what makes it difficult. I wish I could talk to someone about him but unfortunately there is no one. I sit down on a rock and look at the water. If I was a fire bender I would be the same as him I think the only thing different is that I can calm myself down and he can't.

After a while of sitting and thinking I walk back and see Zuko eating, it was dinnertime already. 'I will try my best to not ask you but I hope that one day you will tell me. At least a little bit' he pleaded 'Maybe' I let know the topic is off.

The next day we were going further. I don't know where we are going and I don't think Zuko knows either but I don't say anything about it. We walked through a really dry place with almost no animals I could catch so we were very hungry. I've been hungry before so I know the feeling and how to push it away. But Zuko hasn't ever been hungry and certainly not to this point.

Zuko looks to the right and sees food his hand goes to his swords and I hold him back and point to the woman, she is pregnant. He lets go and looks disappointed. I'm glad he has his priorities in check. We move on and I notice Zuko is starting to doze off. 'Zuko move, I will take it from here' I say and get off I push him to my place and then jump on again now sitting in the front. 'Get some sleep' I order him and I hear he wants to say something but I guess he realizes how tired he is. I feel his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. I can go without some sleep and food.

I see a little village and walk to it. The ostrich horse is getting really tired too and we need to eat something and get clean, fresh water. When we are almost there I wake Zuko and tell him we arrived at a village. As we walk through the village I see some men sitting on the ground looking at us. I try not to pay any attention to them but of course Zuko does. We get off and ask a man if he has any food and water for us. But he tells us that if we want a hot meal he doesn't have it. Some kids throw an egg on the head of the men sitting on the ground and then run away. Kids will be kids no matter where you go.

The men come to us and ask if we threw the egg, I mean does it look like we carry eggs with us. Zuko answers no, then they ask if we saw who did it and again he answers no. I'm glad he did. Then he makes a joke and the men takes the grain for the ostrich horse. They are some great soldiers, note my sarcasm.

I look at Zuko to see what he will do but he just walks to the ostrich horse and gets on and I sit behind him. Then the kid who threw the egg appears and thanks us for not rating him out. Zuko says nothing and just orders the ostrich horse to go. 'You're welcome' I smile at him 'I can take you to my home and feed your ostrich horse to thank you' he says and grabs the rope.

'That would be very nice of you' I tell him. And he walks us to his house. His parents come out and ask our names 'I'm Miku and this is Kan' I make up. Zuko's name is too much like an Fire Nation name. The woman asks is we want to stay for supper. Zuko is doubting and the woman says he can help with the barn before the food is ready.

I volunteer to help they gave me weird looks. 'I used to help out a lot at home since the men were at war' I tell them and they nod. 'Do you have some bandages we can use later?' Zuko asks 'No, no that is not necessary' I quickly say 'Yes it is. Come on its almost healed what if something happens now' Zuko says and I sigh. 'We do have some. Do you need them now or later?' 'Later will be good' I say to her.

We walk to the barn and go up the roof. I sit down because Zuko wants to try to do it himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.

- If you didn't like it then don't continue.

- Please no hate messages.

- If you see any mistakes let me know.

- xo Calypso-Nox.