On X The X Airship

When they were all on the airship they were informed by Beans, Netero's secretary, to get some rest and prepare for phase three in the morning. Afterwards, Usagi, Killua, and Gon went to hang out while Kurapika and Leorio went to rest.

The three had fun exploring the airship for what felt like no time at all. They decided to rest and sat down by a large window. "So, Gon, Why do you want to become a Hunter?" Usagi questioned, sitting on the floor while staring out the window.

"Well, I'm trying to find my dad, and I've heard he's a Hunter. I want to become a Hunter like him!" He explained optimistically.

"Oh, I see. How about you Killua?" Usagi said, looking over at him.

Killua shrugged. "I don't really have a reason, I just heard it was challenging and wanted to try it. That's all," He said, bluntly.

"Oh okay. Hey, Gon. If you don't live with your dad, then who do you live with?" Usagi asked again.

"My aunt Mito-San," He said happily. "She's really nice!"

Usagi nodded, then looked at Killua expectantly, Gon doing the same. "You?"

"Well, my family are assassins. They expected me to be an assassin like them, but I don't want them to plan out my life though, because what's the fun in that?" He paused to look at their expressions.

Gon was listening intently. Usagi looked as if his story had reminded her of something. The only movement she did was a slow nod to show she was paying attention.

"When I told them that we ended up fighting, so I stabbed my mother in the face, my brother in the side, and ran away from home. I'm sure they're out for blood now, but if they find me, I'll send them packing!" He finished, a smug grin on his face.

Usagi held her head down. "It's a shame you had to run away from home. Some families just don't listen, y'know?" She stated quietly, smiling up at them on the end. The two looked at her.

"What about you? Why do you want to become a Hunter, and what's your family like?" Killua asked, looking at Usagi.

She looked a little surprised they asked her this. She pointed at herself. "I-" she was cut off by a gust of wind that came from one end of the hallway. Netero was standing there, smiling at them.

"How'd you do that?" Gon asked.

"Do what?" Netero asked, playing dumb by the sound of it.

"What are you doing here?" Killua asked.

"I came to ask if you three wanted to play a game with this ball," He asked, holding up a basketball. "If you can get this ball from me I'll pass you in the exam."

All three of them stared. Usagi gasped a tiny bit. "And if we don't get it?" Usagi asked.

"Oh, it won't count against you since you probably won't get it anyway," Netero stated matter-of-factly.

The three exchanged glances and shrugged. "Let's do it!" Gon said, looking at then. Usagi and Killua looked at each other, then back at Gon. They agreed.

The four walked into a large room that was apparently for playing games like basketball. By then they had already switched into clothes that were better suited for this kind of challenge. Netero stopped in the middle of the room and turned to them. He spun the ball on his finger. "Try to get it," He chided.

Killua went for it first. He ran out and tried to grab it, but he missed. He tried again, and missed it again. He kept sprinting back and forth, trying to get it. After quite a few failed attempts he walked back to Usagi and Gon.

"He's really fast for an old man..." He stated, jabbing a thumb in Netero's direction.

Usagi just looked at him and thought about how to get the ball. She was in white shorts and a black t-shirt because she thought this would be even harder in a skirt, and apparently she was right. "Let me try," She said, looking at Killua and Gon and then walking up to Netero.

He stood there, taunting her with the ball. She stood there, staring him down. She had an evil glint in her eye. Somehow, there was a wind in the room. She got ready to sprint, and kicked off, creating a gust of wind behind her as she darted after the ball. She jumped up to reach it, but he moved out if the way, so she sprinted back around and tried again.

The two went back and forth. Usagi almost had it a few times, bud Netero would always pull it away right before she could get it.

After a few minutes, Killua and Gon joined in to confuse him. Killua would get Netero's attention, Gon would do a feint attack and jump up so he'd be focused above him, and Usagi would come and jump for the ball. Her hand grazed it but he pulled it back before she could get it. She fell to the ground and glared up at him. She got up and walked over to the wall and sat down.

"I'm taking a break, I've been at that for an hour. It's probably impossible," She explained, sitting up against the wall by the door.

Killua tried to attack him to get the ball. He ran up and kicked Netero's leg, only to hurt his own. He walked over to Usagi and sat down. "It's impossible," He told her. She just nodded as they watched Gon try to get the ball.

The two sat there dozing off while trying to watch Gon's attempts. About an hour after that, Killua got up. "I'm going to sleep now. See you tomorrow, er, later this morning," He said, checking the clock. He walked out if the room.

Usagi was half asleep as she tried to get up to follow him out. "I'm leaving too. G'night, Gon," She said groggily as she walked out of the room, stretching.

She saw Killua and tried to catch up. He turned a corner and she followed, but she stopped in her tracks when she heard something weird. She stayed behind the wall, but peeked over to see what was going on. Apparently two people had bumped into Killua and blamed him for not watching where he was going. In a split second, both men were on the floor, dead. Usagi's eyes grew wide and her breathing heavy. She watched as Killua just walked along as if it were nothing, as she watched from behind a corner. She debated of she should follow him, and decided to.

She made sure no one was nearby, and sneaked up behind him. She walked up and covered his eyes in her hands from behind. "Guess who!" Usagi stated, happily. He stopped walking. She let go of him after realizing something was different. She looked at him questioningly as he turned around.

Usagi gasped. He looked like a ghost, or at least like he had seen one. In other words, he didn't look normal. "Killua?" She asked.

He shook off that look. "Hey, Usagi," He said like normal, as of nothing had happened.