Unfriendly X Team

The four of them stood in a forest looking through their books. There was a slight breeze in the air and the smell of pine, and if they hadn't been in such a hurry to beat the game they would've stayed to enjoy it more.

"We almost have them all!" Gon exclaimed, jubilant.

"Yes, we almost do. The next card we're getting is called Patch of Shore," Biscuit stated, looking at each of them directly. "Do we have any leads?"

The three of them looked at each other until a small 'ding' alerted them. It came from their books, so they each opened theirs.

"We got a message?" Usagi questioned. Upon reading it, they found out that Team Genthru, whom they had heard a little about here and there, was close to beating the game. They were invited to join a team that was against them to monopolize Patch of Shore, one of the cards Team Genthru needed.

"Should we join?" Gon asked Biscuit.

She thought for a moment before suggesting, "Let's check out what kind of people they are before we do."

They all agreed, so they messaged saying they would come. When the time came the group met up with them in a rocky canyon. After quite a bit of discussion about the game they decided to help, and joined.

Eventually they went to the city where Patch of Shore was, Soufrabi. They met a woman who told them that pirates had invaded their town, and that if their group of fifteen could get rid of them she'd tell them more about the card.

Following the in-game-character's advice, they went to the lighthouse where the thugs were located. Once they were inside, Gon kindly asked them to leave, but they refused, obviously.

They said that if their group could beat theirs they would leave, so they were brought into a back room where a bunch of men were training. One of them walked up to them and said, "I'm the leader of this group, Razor. If enough of your team can beat mine, we might consider leaving."

The group agreed, but as they were fighting Killua, Gon, and Usagi realized that this probably wasn't the real fight, but only to see if they were worth their time. They told Biscuit and she agreed that they should fail purposely to gather information about their competitors.

After doing just that, their group had to leave. They began talking outside over what they should do, and one by one the members quit the team, scared of what would happen if they did win the card. Eventually only Killua, Usagi, Gon, Biscuit, and Goreinu were left.

"What should we do? We need more people to get back in!" Gon asked.

"Maybe we could recruit some people that would be useful, and then get some stand ins," Biscuit suggested.

"That makes since. We could ask for people who want to leave the game," Killua pieced together.

Gon opened up his book and began to search for people they could ask, and oddly enough he found Chrollo. After a quick argument over if they should go, they decided to try.

Gon pulled out an Accompany card and said, "Accompany on; Chrollo Lucilfer!"

As the group shot across the sky, they found themselves in a very secluded part of a forest. Killua, Usagi, and Gon all stood next to each other when they landed, and when they looked up they saw a lot of mist...

... and then it became clear...

... too clear...

The man they had gone to wasn't Chrollo, it was someone much worse.

Hisoka.

The three gulped and stared at where he was, and when he noticed them he looked over at them too. Sadly, he turned to face them as the mist departed.