An X Unexpected X Plot Twist

Killua, Gon, and Usagi split up after using Zetsu to conceal their presences. They each ran on buildings while it was convenient and other times hid in shrubs. All throughout this time Killua was pressuring himself into thinking that if something went wrong it would all be his fault.

Basically, stressing about stress before there's even stress to stress about. 

Usagi, on the other hand, was at least a little less pessimistic on their being captured, but considered it a possibility nonetheless. To her, even if the sky was dark and bodies were strewn about her and people were suffering, it was the equivalent of a bright and shiny day fit for a tea party with little puppies running around if Sachiko wasn't in sight.

They followed the two without any unforeseen troubles, and actually none at all. Usagi noted that things were going too perfectly. The three were each on their phones in a group call as they ran, telling each other where the enemy was. Usagi also noted how Killua seemed to be taking all this pretty hard.

"Damn kid is stressing too much... huh, why do I always call people 'kid'? Especially since Killua is taller than me... and younger holy shit."

Usagi also had a bad habit of thinking too much during important times.

"–right, Usagi?" Gon's voice carried through her phone's speaker.

"Wha-what?" Usagi stammered having not payed attention. She could practically hear his look of disappointment.

The group followed the two Spiders until they came to an abandoned building and stood in its courtyard. Blindly they went inside the abandoned and quite dilapidated building, being naive enough to think they were going to their hideout.

Killua and Gon were in rooms next to each other and were each looking out the windows, while Usagi was behind the slope if the roof so the two couldn't see her because Killua refused to let her inside the house saying, "if it's a trap one of us needs to be able to escape and follow them."

They sweated under pressure as they watched the man hold a phone to his ear. None could hear what he was saying, but each of their hearts simultaneously dropped into their stomachs when he made direct eye contact with Killua and Gon, strangely not having seen Usagi at all. That didn't mean she didn't see him, though.

Killua and Gon tried to escape but were each cut off by two more Spiders appearing. Usagi had no idea what was going on, and her heart seemed to slow as did everything around her. She could hear noises coming from the rooms beneath her, and grew nervous, scared, anxious. Every negative emotion rising through her like an electric shock as she thought the worst would happen.

"Worst case scenarios: they could be brought to their base and tortured for info... they could also be killed, but I doubt they'd go that far. Then again, this is the Phantom Troupe, and there's no way they'd just let them go.

...I could save them."

She slapped herself as quietly as she could. "That's preposterous!!! It'd be putting more of us in danger than necessary!!!"

Usagi could hear what she thought were beatings down beneath her, and her memories began to resurface. She tugged on her hair to make it stop.

"No... I'd be ending their chances of being let away without being hurt if I barged in, and I could even be hurt myself. I could get help if I were to leave, but I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on them and see if they're okay. I could always wait for a good chance to sneak them out, being silent and not attracting unwanted attention..."

Her phone vibrated in her lap and jerked her out of her thoughts.

"That's the signal to leave... but can I?"

Unable to move due to shock, Usagi sat on the roof making plans until her idea of running down there and getting them were thrown out the window when she watched them walk out of the building. Her eyes widened and she hopped silently to the other side of the slanting roof and held onto its tiles as she peeked over the side.

Killua and Gon had their hands to their sides as they were being walked by four people to a black car. Hurriedly she reached into her pocket and pulled out the paper of suspects and quickly identified the two newcomers as being other members of the Phantom Troupe.

Swallowing her pride and emotions she decided what she would do, having already deduced they weren't badly injured, if at all.

"They're more than likely taking them to their base. Why waste this chance to follow...?"

--------

Told ya, new chapter (but I doubt that took me two hours like I mentioned before haha. But then again I have HORRIBLE time perception)

Heehee what will Usagi do?

Will she be caught? Will she continue to tail them? Leave to get help? Help them escape?

Imma probs write a new chapter tonight haha so it's not like the wait will be long LOLOLOL

Also just figured you should know her not being captured was something I thought of as I was writing and decided to go with, so if I don't have a new chapter out again tonight it's because I'm working it all out for tomorrow's new chapter :3

And lastly, sorry this chapter is only around seven hundred words lol

Cliffhangers, amiright?

Marina
6/14/16