Deadly X Game

The two of them wandered into the mysterious cave their attacker had fled inside, the walls rocky and eerie with an indescribable inkiness. Without thinking Usagi walked ahead of Killua, having already told herself that if things went downhill her Nen might be able to save them.

And that's exactly where they went after the ground began to crumble beneath Usagi's foot. Instinctively Killua held onto her by wrapping his arms around her waist. Conjuring her wings, she was able to fly them to a pillar of rock and thrust her hands and feet inside of the grooves between the dirt. She hugged the wall tightly with all her strength to support the both of them, Killua clutching her from behind.

Without any warning something hurtled towards them from where they had fallen, Killua reaching out and grabbing the blob of red with one hand, the other held onto her tightly.

"What're you- an octopus?" Killua asked, grabbing the thing by a protrusion from its tentacles that was almost shaped like a gun. Something was off about this octopus; not only was he a chimera ant, but he was missing a few tentacles.

"Y-yes, I am!" he stuttered, looking awkwardly at them both. Usagi cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Did you shoot at us earlier? What happened to your tentacles?" she asked him suddenly.

"Yes, I-I shot at you earlier... I lost my tentacles earlier as well!" he rushed to get out, glancing at the water below them every other second.

"What're you looking at down there?" Killua questioned as he too looked down beneath them.

"Nothing!" the octopus blurted out.

It only took a second to realize what was going on. There were fish down there that were attracted to blood, and the octopus's severed tentacles were bleeding.

"What's your name?" Killua asked him suddenly.

The octopus looked taken aback as he answered with, "Ikalgo."

"You don't seem like the other ants," Usagi admitted, eyeing him carefully.

"R-really?" Ikalgo stuttered again, looking off into the distance as he waved his tentacles around awkwardly.

"Yeah, you really do. Would you like to stay with us?" Usagi offered, not even giving it a second thought.

Ikalgo looked at her with wide eyes before closing them and tilting his face downward with a sly smile before saying, "You don't want me with you- I'm just an octopus. I wish I had been reborn as a squid..."

Suddenly his eyes got sparkly as he ranted about himself. "Octopi are ugly, so I wish I was a squid. They're squiderific!" Usagi and Killua exchanged glances.

"Which is why I am unfit to be with you, or anyone else," Ikalgo continued. "I must leave!" He exclaimed before the hardened tentacles Killua had been gripping broke off, and Ikalgo fell towards his hungry brethren.

However, Killua reached down and quickly grabbed him. "Why'd you do that?" Killua asked him.

"Yeah, I think Octopi are cool," Usagi stated, trying to be nice. Before Ikalgo could respond he had propelled himself away, jumping from rock pillar to pillar.

"What was that for-"

"Shh," Killua interrupted her before pressing the both of them as close to the rocks as possible, completely covering her body with his as a giant fish jumped out of the water and clamped its jaws around them.

If they weren't in such a near-life threatening situation you can bet your ass Usagi would've been too flustered to even function because of how close together they were.