Infiltration X And X Separation

The next day the group went over their plan to stop the Chimera Ants in ten days– Palm and Sachiko were to be sent to the palace as 'lovely ladies' to be with one of the higher ups inside (Usagi would've gone with them, but Killua refused to such an extent that no one was allowed near her for around thirty minutes), they would then help the rest of the group come inside once it was time. Knov was to do the same and set up a portal inside so they could get in easily. The rest of them were to infiltrate from afar and try their best to cut off the rest of the spreading Ants that had left their king.

Once Killua, Gon, and Usagi were inside of East Gorteau, they decided to split up for the time being. Usagi and Killua then proceeded to run from town to town to try warning the citizens that they shouldn't go to the capital under any circumstances.

As the both of them ran down the dirt roads that cut through their small towns, they realized that there weren't many people there to begin with. "This place is like a ghost town," Usagi admitted as they began running to the next town.

"Yeah, it matches the creepiness of this whole country," Killua agreed, looking around them to take in their surroundings.

"I agree, I don't really like it here," Usagi told him, trying her best to sound casual.

"Me either," he stated simply, also not trying to show emotions.

That night the both of them camped out in the forest, sitting around a fire they had made. "I wonder how everyone else is doing?" Usagi wondered aloud, gazing into the fire.

"I'm not sure; let's just focus on how we'll be for a while though, okay?" Killua stated, trying not to let on how worried he was about their whole situation. Usagi merely nodded as she continued to hug her knees while sitting in front of their crackling fire.

~~~

Meanwhile Sachiko and Palm were in a supply truck to be taken to the palace where they would then be 'acquainted with' one of the previous higher ups of the now destroyed country. The inside was dark and the only sounds were the rumbling of the wheels on the road and occasional murmurings of the women inside. Sachiko had faked her age, and that was the only reason she was able to get in with Palm.

Eventually the car stopped, and someone came to open the door for them. Each of them hopped out elegantly, trying to make a statement. In front of them was a short old man with scandalous intentions. Thankfully Sachiko and Palm weren't 'the chosen ones' and were allowed to go into their rooms until their turn.

However, the two of them sneaked out of their rooms and left the underground bunker they were supposed to be trapped in. Without any conversation the two of them were able to pick several locks and eventually were fully outside in the open. The two of them continued stealthily inside the main building where the chimeras were at.

Noiselessly the two crept up and into a massive hallway where they were to meet up with Knov. With their backs pressed up against the wall they hid motionlessly; behind them was a flight of stairs leading up to the king's room.

As they waited patiently for Knov, they noticed a steady incline of Nen from up the stairs. It was so powerful it seemed to float down the stairs in the form of a purple smog, slowly finding its way towards the two. Palm and Sachiko stood frozen as they stared at this incredible aura, breathing heavily as sweat beaded on their foreheads.

The two were completely stiff when they heard footsteps at the top of the stairs, and almost stopped breathing entirely when they heard whomever it was come down towards them.

Palm clenched her fists and tried to muster up the willpower to move, but was glued to the ground by this haunting presence coming for them.

Making a split second decision, Sachiko placed her foot on Palm's shadow and disappeared inside. As Sachiko began to sink into the reddish-black darkness she continued to feel intimidated by their presence. Once she had sank low enough she reached out to Palm, who was also inside of her shadow. Quickly, Sachiko grabbed Palm's hands, and as she pulled them away silvery strings appeared that attached their fingers together like a puppeteer and a marionette. Looking over her shoulder with shaky eyes and adrenaline pumping, she was able to see out of her position from Palm's shadow only to see an odd red creature that she assumed was a chimera ant.

With a swift movement Sachiko whipped her hands forward, causing Palm to bolt away as fast as she could, but to no avail. The creature had managed to grab ahold of her, and inside of Palm's shadow Sachiko remained as he brought her with him to a back room.

Usagi didn't get a shred of sleep that night.

The next day she and Killua continued on towards the next town they were going to warn. As they wove through the trees neither of them spoke, the only noise being the rustling of branches as they shot by.

Once the two of them had made it into a small patch of clear land did they stop, but only because they felt an odd presence around them.

Without any warning whatsoever, something shot at them so suddenly and with enough force to take both of them by surprise as it implanted itself in Killua's neck. Blood began to gush from the wound as he reached his hand up towards it.

"Killua!" Usagi shouted, lunging towards him while reaching out to him, only to be shot in the shoulder. Immediately she retracted her hand and clutched the gash, blood sputtering and leaking through her fingers.

"What is that?!" Usagi panicked, her breathing beginning to grow heavy.

She watched in horror as he brought his hand up and shoved his fingers into the wound before pulling out a tiny object. "Is that a tick?! Damn, this place just keeps getting weirder and weirder!" Killua exclaimed before whipping his head around to try to find the source of their attacks.

Usagi pulled out the tick in her arm as well before surrounding herself and Killua in Nen as they awaited the next attack, which hit Usagi in her temple. It was promptly removed, but all of their bites continued to gush blood to no end.

"The attacks are coming from there," Usagi stated as she pointed in a direction towards a large hill.

"Let's go check it out," Killua suggested before beginning to walk ahead.

Usagi nodded before following, a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach like an omen that could only mean one thing– something was going to go terribly wrong.

-------

I'm such a bitch, ending there

Looks like you'll just have to wait to see what's going to happen to them \_()_/

I totally did that on purpose btw

BUT ANYWAY

WHAT HAPPENED TO PALM AND SACHIKO?! DID I SURPRISE YOU?!

I know for a fact one of you was thinking I was going to send Usagi as a lovely lady ;3 you should've known Killua would never allow that!

XDDDDD

Any who, I have another song I want to share with you that reminds me of Killua and Usagi :D

Hyori ittai, the final ending if HxH

JUST LISTEN TO THE FULL THING WITH LYRICS I SWEAR IF YOU DONT SEE IT NOW IN THE NEXT BOOK THE SIMILARITIES WILL BECOME PAINFULLY OBVIOUS

I ALMOST CRIED, NO JOKE

Btw they're in Killua's POV ;3

At some point when I release the book of character profiles for this fan fiction I will post the meanings of these songs when compared to my story :3

Oh well I'll do that at some point

(Btw if you haven't yet you should check out Marina of Anime for news about updates... a few days ago I posted something new I want you to seeeee...)

QUESTION OF THE DAY!!

How many times do you think I'll stab you in the feels next Tuesday? I WANNA KNOW SO I CAN SURPASS YOUR EXPECTATIONS HAHAHAHA SOMONE HELP ME BECAUSE I DONT POST CHAPTERS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO HURT YOU UNLESS THEY HURT ME

ITS LIKE MY CODE

Marina
Day wrote- 8/28/16
Day posted- 9/2/16