Auction X And X Motivation

The next day everyone woke up and got ready for the auction. Gon said he had a plan that instead of having to buy their own copy of the game, they could just get the owner to let them play it. Deciding they might as well try, Killua and Usagi agreed.

That morning Usagi spent some extra time in the bathroom to prepare herself and whatnot. "Oh my goodness there's gonna be live people there who will see me and oh shiz Killua too. Must not look like a dumpster... Must not look like a dumpster...!" Usagi repeated in her mind as she brushed her hair thoroughly. 

She was interrupted by someone knocking on the door while loudly saying, "you need to hurry it up!"

"Calm yourself, Killua, I'm doing this for you!" Usagi loudly answered. Not even thirty seconds later she was finished putting her hair up, and deciding to be dramatic she slammed the door open and posed dramatically in front of Killua who was outside waiting for her.

Usagi was wearing a dress that ended at her knees, had thin straps on the shoulders, and was a bright white color. The hem was a golden lace to match her eyes, and she wore white flats.

"Whatcha think?" She asked him after standing still for a second.

He didn't answer. Just stared. And stared. Usagi snapped her fingers, and he jumped. "Sorry!" Killua apologized quickly, and to hide his going flustered he stated, "I was just in awe of how great you look."

"Pretty smooth," she stated before going a little flustered herself. "You look nice too... never thought I'd see you in that," she looked away as she gestured at him, either unable to think of the word tux or just in denial that she would ever have to even say it.

"Well I never thought I'd see you in that," Killua retorted the same way Usagi did. Usagi got flustered before walking out with him. Gon ran over to them excitedly and gushed about how excited he was.

Next thing they knew Zepile had driven them to the auction. Gon was having trouble with his tie, whereas Killua was confident in his appearance, while Usagi stood in between them with a goofy grin on her face to hide how she was freaked out about being near all the humans...

The three of them walked inside the huge building, and since Usagi was already this close she went for it and put her arm around Killua's as they walked. No objection, so she didn't move.

What scared them the most was when they walked down the stairs of the auction house and saw members of the Phantom Troupe staring right back at them. Unable to move, the three of them just stared at each other be fire the trio bolted out of the door dramatically.

As they ran Usagi panted, "I thought they had left!"

"I guess not!" Killua called back.

"What do we do?!" Gon panicked before they were stopped in the center of the hallway by none other than a few members of the Phantom Troupe.

"Woah, don't run. You'll cause a scene, and we're not here for trouble," Phinks stated.

"Then why are you here? You're thieves, remember?" Gon asked. Killua internally gawked at how easily he could ask a question in this situation.

"We just came to enjoy the auction," Feitan said, quietly.

"I doubt it. You're probably just looking for something you want to steal next," Usagi guessed. Killua then gawked at how easily she could backsass them in this situation.

The two just glared at her, so to keep from fighting Gon asked, "How is Pakunoda?"

Phinks looked at him sternly and said, "she's dead." As the two walked away he said, "she wanted to thank you three, by the way."

Killua, Gon, and Usagi watched as they walked off before finding their seats in the auction hall. Later that day after a copy of Greed Island was auctioned off at a ridiculous price, the three ran to find the buyer. Once they confronted them, Gon said, "Are you searching for people to play the game?"

A man nodded and said, "we are, but we have to be carful in choosing, so three kids like you would budget make the cut."

"But we're Pro Hunters!" Gon added.

That caught the man's attention long enough for Usagi to show him her Hunter License while Gon explained the he 'left his at home'.

The man then demanded to see their Ten, so the group did, Usagi trying to keep hers under control, as it was slightly over powering Killua and Gon's. He then said that if they practiced they may be able to get in the game, but only a certain amount could go, so they'd have to be determined.

The group walked out with a new determination, as they set off to train their Hatsu, also known as their 'special abilities'.

------

Hey :3 sorry if this seems like a half-assed chapter, BUT IM SUPER EXCITED AND ADMITTEDLY TRYING TO RUSH BUT FOR GOOD REASON

I don't know if everyone got the notification, BUT WHO CARES

THERE WAS A TYPO IN THERE ANYWAY

So yeah, BIG NEWS

I have decided that I've spent too much time on, what is essentially, a prologue to my real fan fiction

You see, this entire book's purpose right from the start was to give an insight on how Usagi, Killua, and Gon meet, how they grew as friends, and how the relationship between Usagi and Killua began

So, I'm proud to announce that book two of TOTICF will be posted on October Second of this year :D

Now, this book will be getting into the nitty gritty of their relationship while not only revealing unsettling truths about Usagi's past, but her future as well as Killua's

So yeah, get ready for feels!

And now *ahem* a short musical number by yours truly to the tune of Santa Clause Is Coming To Town

You better watch out,
And hide in a hole.
She'll reach down your throat and rip out your soul!
Sachiko is coming to town~

She's making a list
Of people she hates
Usagi's at the top
And it makes her feel great
Sachiko is coming to town~

*bows* end of sneak peak for the new story!

And if you're wondering why it's October 2nd, it's because that's the air date of the first episode of HxH in Japanese :D

So this new fic will also be titled Hunter x Hunter 2016 haha because technically it's a continuation of the series but focusing on a new character haha

OKAY THIS AN IS TOO LONG

MORE INFO IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

BYEEEE

Marina
6/30/16