New X Tactics

"Okay! Everyone come and see!" Leorio shouted on the sidewalk next to a large building. Gon sat on a chair in front of a table while Killua and Usagi stood off to the side holding a box with a diamond in it.

"Challenge this boy for 10,000 Jenny in an arm wrestling match; win and you'll get this diamond!" As if on cue Usagi immediately posed comically in front of Killua and the diamond, getting down on one knee and holding her hands out with a shit-eating grin on her face.

Instantaneously a crowd appeared around them and challenged Gon. "Hey, Usagi... That 'smile' of yours looks awfully fake," he stated with an irk mark on his forehead. "Almost as if your hiding something (rat us out and you'll have to get us all the money we lost)."

"Eh? This is fun! Plus, it's not like you guys will force me to become a stripper to pay for the game, huh?" She laughed at his expression.

Time and again people would come to challenge Gon only to be beaten senseless by him. If only they knew he was an Enhancer, they'd know they didn't stand a chance. However, the tables seemed to turn when the first female opponent appeared before them. She had short black hair and wore glasses. Once she sat down she said, "I hope we have a fair game."

When the round started Killua and Usagi quickly noticed she was a Nen user too. They were almost equally matched, and Gon won by a small margin. After she had walked away the two walked over to Gon and whispered, "Gon, did you have to use your full strength on her?"

He nodded and said, "Yeah, she's really strong."

Usagi shrugged. "I wonder if we'll see her again. I'd like to challenge her myself!"

"What is it with you and wanting to fight everyone?" Killua asked.

"You are in no place to ask me that."

The three got back into positions and the matches resumed without any further difficulty.

The next morning the four sat on a couch as Leorio explained that his plan was to lure out "moles." Obviously no one knew what he meant, so he explained it to them and then they left back to where they had been last night.

The same routine followed until two men in suits walked up. "We have a way to get you much more money than the pocket change you're making here," he said. Leorio was hooked on that, so they followed them into an alleyway and eventually into a building  where people bet on arm wrestling matches and the winner got 10% of the bids, easily scoring them millions.

Usagi leaned over to Killua and whispered, "If that's the case then I would easily challenge these guys after Gon..." then she crinkled her nose in disgust and finished, "But every last fighter in here is a macho body-builder and probably reek too!"

"Eheheh... you should expect that from places like this," Killua said, finding her expression funny.

The next moment Gon walked up as a challenger, but before he could fight anyone probably the weirdest person any of them had seen in ages came descending down from the ceiling like the angel of an emo-punk train crash. With a shrill voice he screeched, "We're here to stop this game of arm wrestling to give you a new game of hide and seek!!" His voice rose about an octave at the ending of each if his sentences that made Usagi stand on edge.

"Your targets are on the flyers we're currently handing out, and for each one you turn in will give you a nice sun of 2 billion Jenny!!"

Once they had all received papers they each gasped simultaneously.

"H-hey, isn't that girl with the glasses the one from yesterday?" Gon pointed out.

"Oh yeah, it is!" Usagi exclaimed. "Guess I won't be able to challenge her now..."

"Who cares!" Leorio chimed in. "If we can catch her we'll get quite the fat wad in exchange!" There was an evil glint in his eyes as he spoke. "Plus, if we catch them all we'll have 14 billion!"

"It'll cost you 5 million Jenny to participate!" The weirdo screamed again.

"We're joining in, right?" Leorio asked.

"Yeah," Gon answered.

"It's a bit of a gamble, but worth it I guess," Usagi breathed.

After leaving the building Leorio said they had to hurry in finding them, but Killua cut him off in saying, "There's no rush. No one will be able to catch them because the condition auction is just having a bounty hunt. Even the Mafia is having trouble dealing with them."

"Tsk, it's as if the Mafis's admitting that alone it can't capture these targets," Usagi said, smugly.

"You have a point... They were willing to suspend everything to track them down." Leorio admitted.

"I just heard that the overground auction was attacked last night," Killua said.

"The underground auction?! Was it them? That's why there's a reward over their heads?" Leorio pieced together.

"Yup, and they must be pretty screwed over to try stealing from that. Good thing we already know who's nuts enough to even try," Usagi following with a sly grin.

Gon and Leorio turned around. "The Phantom Troupe!"

"Oh, right," Gon started. "That's who Kurapika's after."

"I wonder where he is," Usagi questioned, putting a hand to her chin.

"He should be in Yorknew but he hadn't made contact," Killua answered her.

Gon pulled out his phone. "I'll call him."

The phone rang ten times before Gon announced, "He's not answering."

"Is he working?" asked Leorio.

"Working?" Killua asked back.

"I heard he's been working as a body guard," Leorio stated.

"Oh, really?" Usagi questioned. "I never would've guessed..."

"Y'know, he may have actually captured some already," Leorio stated as if to lift the mood.

"I hope you're right," Gon replied.

---------

Eheehee

We're starting to get into something mildly interesting >:3

Sorry if the past few chapters have been dull as dirt, but that's just because of an odd refusal to skip stuff out of the fear that it's mildly important...

Brain- *shrugs* That's Marina for you...

Me- *irk mark* SINCE YOURE MY BRAIN THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS CALL ME BY MY REAL NAME!!

Brain- Since when did you want to use your boring-ass real name that means something as stupid as–

Me- Don't you say it!!!

Brain- *opens mouth(wtf) as if to say something*

Me- *prays he doesn't use the Shakespearean translation (there's two; ones old English and then there's the super embarrassing version that is nonetheless true but still... Shakespeare you asshole making up new meanings for names that were bad enough already)*

Brain- Eeeeeeeellllllllll–

Me- NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To be continued lol

So yeah I think I might update again tonight and may possibly skip some shit to get to other shit

Brain- You have a dirty mouth -_-

Me- That's because of you, I might add

Brain- WHAT THE HELL I DONT KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT THAT FUCKING SHIT SPEWING FROM YOUR BITCH ASS MOUTH

Me- See what I mean?

(Btw useless fact but I'm wearing a brand new Sailor Moon shirt and Eevee pants muahahaha I'm such a weeb)

Marina
6/13/16