Deadly X Dodgeball (Part Two)

Things were beginning to get serious when Razor's teammates began to get out one by one. It was a very tense match, and everyone was on edge whether they wanted to admit it or not.

Sachiko watched Usagi intently like a tiger waiting to pounce, a disgusted look on her face. Usagi, on the other hand, was trying her best to ignore Sachiko and focus on the game.

At the moment Razor's team had the ball, and he was preparing to throw. Gon was going to try to catch it by himself, not that anyone agreed to his plan. Usagi and Killua stood on either side of him to watch.

In the back of her mind, Usagi could hear Sachiko's honeyed voice ordering not to use Nen, but for what reason? Maybe if she would just tell her why there wouldn't be this kind of issue. Trying to block out the sound only made Sachiko shout louder.

The world was in slow-motion as Usagi watched from beside Gon as Razor reared his arm back, preparing to throw. "Don't you dare!" Sachiko ordered, her voice going shrill.

"Just listen to me!" Sachiko yelled, almost exasperated as she pushed Usagi in front of the ball's path, eyes wide. Upon instinct, Usagi grabbed one of the arms she had used to push her and with a twisting motion spun Sachiko around mid-air in a flip over her shoulder. "No!" Usagi screamed at Sachiko, right before the ball hit her right in the gut, sending Sachiko flying backwards, almost hitting Gon in the process.

With a loud crashing sound she made contact with the wall, disqualified from the game for getting hit and stepping outside of the court. No one ran to see if she was alright, and if anything were hoping she wasn't. Glaring daggers at Usagi, she sat unmoving from the wall.

Killua gaped at Usagi before stating, "that was the most I've ever seen you stand up to her!" Gon agreed ecstatically, causing Usagi to whip her head around as she got flustered from the attention.

"It really wasn't anything," she explained, holding her arms out.

After their quick talk the game continued, Razor getting the ball for hitting Sachiko. He threw again, this time around he nearly missed Killua and Usagi, but Biscuit's skirt was torn right through. Hisoka had used Bungee Gum to try to catch the ball, but it was spinning too fast and the rubbery substance began to twist around his arms, breaking them out of place. Knowing he would be knocked out of bounds anyway, he looked over to Killua, Gon, and Usagi before throwing it over to them before skidding out of bounds.

The ball had slowed down greatly from Hisoka's Bungee Gum, so the three were able to catch it by combining their strength. It was just the three of them left in the game, Hisoka getting out because he stepped out of bounds after throwing the ball to them despite their having caught it.

With just the three of them left, almost all the spectators collectively sighed. Gon suggested that he used his Jajanken to shoot the ball over to Razor, and with no better options Killua and Usagi agreed.

That stood right on the boundary line separating their teams, Killua holding out the ball in front if him. Usagi was behind Killua with her arms around his waist, the plan being that Usagi would use Nen to keep them from going flying with the ball. Gon stood beside them and powered up his attack, Usagi using Nen to hold them both down despite Sachiko's orders against it.

When Gon finally hit the ball, it sounded like a gun was fired next to their ears. Razor caught the ball, but there was so much force that he was steadily pushed out of bounds. However, he used back to switch with one of his Nen players and returned to the game.

Gon's team called a time-out. They began talking on the side about Gon's attack, which they found out had actually hurt Killua's hands very badly. He brushed it off as nothing, but Usagi knew that it wasn't and called him an idiot.