Usagi's X Past

After Usagi finished fighting, Gon 'fought' his opponent in a quick 'battle'. Afterwards, Kurapika fought his opponent, whom he killed, and in the process revealed that he is the last of the Kurta, a clan known for their scarlet eyes. Once he finished fighting he sat in the hallway, alone.

"We should probably keep Kurapika away from spiders," Gon said. Leorio and Killua nodded, and Usagi sat next to him to comfort him.

"It's okay, Kurapika!" She said, optimistically. "We're your friends, and we can help you if you need it." When he didn't look up, she moved in front of him. He still kept his head in his arms. She leaned closer to him. "You have beautiful eyes," She said cutely, trying to get him to at least acknowledge her existence.

She didn't know this, but Killua was watching everything she did. "Why can't I stop looking at Usagi? Am I jealous that she's paying attention to him and not me, even though I saved her life?!" He thought, clenching his fist. He calmed down when Gon started talking with him as Leorio went up to fight.

Usagi puffed out her cheeks. "Can I at least see them again?" She asked. Kurapika thought for a second before lifting his head to look at her. He opened his eyes but they were brown again. Usagi tried to hide how it let her down a bit.

"Are they brown again?" He asked. Usagi nodded and he put his head down again.

"Please don't do that again," She begged.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Put your head back down, of course! I wanna talk to you!" She answered.

"I'm guessing you just want to ask about my eyes, so no," He bluntly stated while putting his head down.

"Actually, I was just going to ask regular, generic questions. The things friends ask each other and the like," She said, innocently.

"Like what?" He asked, a bit interested, though his head was still down.

"Ummm... Where did you learn to fight?" She asked.

Kurapika snickered. "Why do you ask that?"

"Because you're strong!" She explained. He lifted his head to look at her and they started talking.

Later on, after Leorio had lost them fifty hours, Killua came up and prepared to fight. Usagi came out to watch. She stared in awe as he killed his opponent using assassination techniques that she had seen far too many times before. When he came back, she went up to him.

"That was awesome!" She exclaimed happily. He stared at her in disbelief. They began walking to a room that appeared.

"You don't look like someone who likes death..." He hesitated before finishing with,"Do you?"

"I guess you could say that. It just interests me. Like, if you die that's it, and you can die by a lot of things and that fascinates me," She reasoned, shrugging. Killua nodded in understanding as the door closed behind them, locking them in the room they would be in for fifty hours.

They all left to do their own thing. Kurapika found a stack of books to read and Leorio rested on the couch. Usagi, Killua, and Gon however went off to be the kids they are as Kurapika commented on how much energy they had despite being stuck out there for a few hours.

Killua decided to let Usagi and Gon try his skateboard. He showed them the technique he uses to get off of it in a show-off way. "If you hesitate on the first step then it won't work," He explained, holding the skateboard. "Who wants to go first?" He asked.

Gon pointed at Usagi. "I wanna see her do it first!" He stated. Usagi stared at Gon. She sighed.

"Okay, I will," She gave in to the temptation. "But I've never rode a skateboard before, so I probably won't get it," She explained.