Melody's X Prediction

The sky was dark as Killua and Usagi hopped from rooftop to rooftop searching for the Troupe's hideout. "It was this way," Usagi stated, having remembered the way a little better than Killua did.

He followed her until they saw the chain link fence from before, except instead of just one building on the other side there were countless buildings. They each looked exactly the same, and definitely weren't there before.

"What do we do?" Usagi asked him noiselessly.

Killua thought for a second before saying, "well, there's too many to watch at once, and there's no way they were here before... let's go back and watch from that roof."

Usagi nodded as they jumped back and scaled the building to the top. From there they could watch about twenty of the mysterious structures at once. Killua called Kurapika on his phone to report what had happened.

"That's bad... just stay on the roof and watch what you can. Tell us when you two see anything," Kurapika told them.

"Okay," he replied before hanging up. Not long after he had hung up he got another call from a number he didn't recognize.

"Who is it?" Usagi asked him, looking to see the caller ID, or at least a number.

"I don't know," Killua answered her before answering the phone. "Who is this?"

A female voice was on the line, and she spoke softly. "My name is Melody and I work with Kurapika. Look to your left." When he did they saw a figure on a building not to far from them. "Hang up the phone and give me a command."

Skeptically he did as she said and told her to raise her right hand. After a  second she did just that. "Woah. Let's go over there," Usagi said, and Killua nodded before they jumped over to her.

"That is some ability," Killua told her.

"Thank you, that was some nice building hopping there," Melody replied. Usagi put a hand on the back of her neck.

Before any of them could say anything,  Melody told them to stay quiet. "I hear footsteps coming from over there," she announced, pointing in the direction.

"It's the Troupe!" Usagi revealed, staring down at them.

"And look," Killua said, "it's the lady who can read memories, and someone we didn't see before... is he the leader?"

"Probably," Usagi stated. The group waited for them to pass ahead of them before following. The three of them hid in alleyways as they followed, melody explaining her ability on the way there.

"I can hear well because it's my ability. I can even hear both of your heartbeats," she told them as they looked on in shock. "Killua, yours has a quiet sound, as if you're hoping to hide from someone or something. Your footsteps are really quiet as well, same with Usagi. Are you two by any chance assassins?"

Killua was the first to say, "ex-assassin."

Usagi stayed quiet before saying, "same."

"Ah, Usagi, your heart resonates in a way I've never heard before," Melody explained as Usagi watched her with wide eyes. "It's a soft tune, much like Killua's actually. As if you're hiding from someone. But occasionally I hear the slight flutter of someone in love. But it's not like it stops there either. Your heart sounds like an orchestra to me, with all kinds of different sounds. The muffled song of being in hiding, mixed with an aria of affection; not to mention the strain of having a momentous fear..."

Usagi's eyes were wide before, but now they were panic-stricken. "Perhaps, are you scared of being in love, and showing affection to someone? Are you trying to hide from it?" Melody continued on, before looking up at Usagi. She stared off into the distance with a look of terror in her eyes.

"Ah! I'm sorry, did I say too much? I got carried away because it's such a beautiful sound...!" Melody apologized.

Usagi waved it off as she said, "no, no, I'm just surprised. Just... surprised."

They continued walking, but Killua kept watching her with an almost sad look on his face. "Did I do something wrong?"

Before anyone could say anything, Killua got a call from Leorio. "Killua! You're going to have to hurry and find the Phantom Troupe! Kurapika and Gon just bolted out of the car, and I can't leave because I'm stuck in traffic," Leorio explained.

"What?! Why didn't you stop them?!" Killua boomed at Leorio as Usagi and Melody watched him with surprised looks.

"I couldn't do anything to change their minds," he said, remorsefully.

"Honestly, everyone just does whatever the hell they want!" Killua yelled before hanging up. "We have to get to them, quickly!"

The three of them set off running to where Melody said she heard them go. They hid in an alleyway that Kurapika was in, and across the sidewalk was Gon hiding behind a dumpster.

They could hear the Troupe talking about them, so Gon came out with his hands up saying, "okay, okay, you got me."

"Where are your friends?" Machi asked him.

Killua and Usagi came out of the alley way this time. "You got us," Usagi told them.

"Why are you following us? The reward has been called off," Machi asked again.

"Eh?" Usagi said, trying to sound innocent like Killua.

"We didn't know it was off!" Killua stared in his innocent voice.

"Well, we can't just leave you," Machi said again as she came forward and tied their hands. "Shizuku, Pakunoda, take these two," she ordered, handing them thread connected to Usagi and Gon. The group then walked off and away from the ally's that Kurapika and Melody were hiding in.

----------

Woah

What did Melody say???

Is Usagi seriously afraid to show affection, or was that a misinterpretation?

Or perhaps she's scared of being in love with Killua specifically?

Or maybe it's because of Sachiko?

Brain- SHUT UP ALREADY YOURE GONNA SPOIL ITTTTTT *^*

Me- ._.

Marina
6/17/16