Light X And X Rescue

Usagi and Killua dashed off hand in hand to where Palm had said Gon and Pitou were. The closer they got to him, the heavier the air began to feel– filled to the brim with bloodlust and spite.

Usagi's chest tightened as they began to see flashes of light in the distance followed by loud eruptions of sound. "Gon, what are you doing...?" Usagi asked herself; despite the fact she loved Killua, Gon was apart of their circle. They were all three best friends, and she cared deeply for them both. If anything happened to him, she had no idea how she or Killua would react.

"Killua..." Usagi realized, glancing over to him. His countenance was tense and unreadable, and had she not known how to see into his psyche through those deep ocean blue eyes of his, that's all she would think.

But no, she had to be cursed with empathy, that bitch; always ruining everything by understanding too much. It was impossible for her to not notice the pain and fear in his eyes.

Taking advantage of how they were holding hands, a gesture meant to only be present by the need to transmit Killua's Godspeed to her, she squeezed slightly, forever tainting the once serious air around them.

Not that she cared, of course.

Glancing back at her, his countenance faltering for a split second before returning to how it had been, Killua was able to see a look of reassurance in her eyes; almost as though she was mocking him with her ability to feign stability better than he.

He quickly looked away before he could take any other gestures the wrong way.

The two gradually neared a clearing in the trees, the air overflowing with powerful Nen. Once they had reached the forest's edge, they stood in silence and fear as they saw what Gon had become. He resembled Biscuit when she used Nen to become stronger, Killua realized.

Except something was off.

Neither could tell if it was how Gon's aura seemed to materialize around him in a deep red hue, or how Gon was hardly the same, or even if it was merely the fact that this was so exceedingly unexpected of him.

If anything, it was more common for Killua or Usagi to explode from anger, but to go to this extent?

"Gon!!" Killua shouted, slicing through Usagi's thoughts.

He hardly glanced in their direction as Pitou jumped towards him, and Killua, unaware of how much danger he was putting himself into, lunged between them in a desperate attempt to push Gon out of the way; in the process he let go of Usagi's hand.

In the split second that followed, Usagi's eyes widened and everything was a blur as she used Nen to boost herself forwards, barely able to push Killua out of the way before Pitou severed one of Gon's arms.

The two fell to the ground in a heap, Usagi falling on top of him as she desperately tried to hold him down so as to not hurt himself.

"Usagi, let me go!" Killua demanded as he struggled to remove her, bright flashes of light appearing behind her as she struggled.

"Not a chance!!" Usagi shouted at him, the wind from explosions ruffling her hair as she pressed herself against him. "I'm not letting you hurt yourself!!"

"But if you don't–" he paused, looking over at Gon. "–Gon will be the one getting hurt!!"

"Killua!!" Usagi bellowed, struggling to hold him down. "He's ALREADY hurt!! I don't want you to be back in that position again!!!" she hollered at he who was reluctant to accept the obvious.

Killua locked eyes with her, pausing for a moment from his struggles to get up. The fear in both of their eyes was prominent.

In her second of vulnerability he managed to push her off and to the side, Usagi landing with a thud on the dirt as she stifled a yelp. Standing up, Killua could clearly see what was about to happen.