Palm X And X Sachiko

Killua sat crouched in the corner of the building, clutching a wire that connected into an electrical outlet as blue sparks travelled all around him to charge his Nen. Usagi stood off to the side, clasping her arms across her chest as she looked off into the distance like a lookout.

"Killua, I..." Usagi began, wanting to tell him how much she hated NGL, what had happened, how he had been hurt and pretended it didn't even happen– like she hadn't even been there. "... I don't think we should be here."

"Why not?" Killua asked as he removed the wires from around his arms.

"I just, I don't think, this doesn't seem like... this isn't a good idea," she finally managed to get out.

"How?" Killua continued asking as he stood and turned to face her. "I mean, other than the Chimeras."

"Um," she but her lip, rethinking her wanting to have a deep discussion. "It's nothing important, actually. I'm fine," Usagi covered, smiling weakly at the end.

"We could always talk later," he advised before they began walking again.

"Yeah, sure."

The two walked down through various corridors in the old dilapidated building, exercising caution when turning corners until finally they felt a presence. It was oddly nostalgic, and as Killua and Usagi pressed against the wall leading into the hall their approacher was in, they wondered if it was even dangerous. Killua pulled out a yo-yo, and was able to see in its reflective surface a woman who oddly resembled Palm. Usagi leaned over Killua's arm to get a better look before he quickly whipped it back into his pocket and shoved her against the wall defensively.

Yeah, and Usagi totally saw it as being defensive. Obviously, what else could she be thinking in that adolescent girl mind of hers? (AN: I'm so sorry; it's what I would've done. Honesty is a virtue.)

"Quiet," he whispered before standing in front of her, one arm over her chest, ready to catch her wrist if they needed to run.

Before they could do anything, they had appeared from around the corner suddenly. Their eyes were definitely Palm's, but she had scales on her arms and an orb atop her forehead that almost made her look like her mermaid statue that Palm needed when using her Nen (she had shown it to Usagi once before.)

"Palm?" Usagi asked, Killua grabbing her wrist defensively. "Is that you?"

"Sadly, yes. Usagi, Killua, I'm sorry..." she began, head lowered as her hair grew long and wound itself around her like armor in the shape of a dress. "... But I have to fight you now!!"

Unable to react quick enough, the back of Palm's hand went flying towards them with enough force to whack them both back and hurtling into a wall; it crumbled beneath them as the two fell onto the floor in a heap.

Before Usagi could protest, Killua had pushed her away as he pulled out his yo-yo's, sparks of electricity running through them before he spun them towards her with a flick of his wrists. Usagi pushed herself off the ground with shaky arms, feeling incredibly violated and hurt.

"Why did he push me away?" she thought, eyes widening. "Did I do something wrong?"

The two continued to fight, the new Palm sending several punches in Killua's direction as he tried desperately to stop her, but was failing. He needed Usagi for their tag team, but he had pushed her away.

Unable to understand why he had done such a thing, Usagi leapt forward and tried blowing Palm away with her whirlwind, but stopped midway when Killua shouted, "Usagi, please go!! I don't want you to get hurt!!"