Mom X Friend X Mode

Later that day everyone sat in the lobby of the hotel because Kurapika said he could meet there. They sat quietly until Usagi stood up abruptly and ran over yelling, "KURAPIKA!"

Kurapika looked happy as he called back, "Usagi!" Thinking he was going to hug her he held his arms out for the small bean child, but when she was close enough she kicked his knee and then hugged him. "Why'd you kick me?!"

"Because you didn't meet up with us when you said you would!" She yelled at him as she embraced said blond. "But anyway, everyone's here now!" Usagi exclaimed as she backed away from him. The other three gathered around them.

"Kurapika!" Gon shouted. "Now everyone's here!"

"I just said that, Gon," Usagi told him awkwardly.

"Oh."

"It's been awhile since the five of us came together," Leorio said, remembering the Hunter Exam.

"It has been awhile," Kurapika admitted as they walked to the elevator leading to their room.

"Hey, is it just me," Leprio started as they waited for the elevator to open, "or did you get a bit more menacing since we last met?"

"That's strange; you haven't changed at all," Kurapika answered.

"You got more annoying too!" Leorio snapped.

Once inside the room they went to the sitting area. Kurapika sat in a chair next to Leprio while Killua, Gon, and Usagi sat on a couch. Kurapika began explaining what had happened after they had asked him.

"Well, five of the Spiders are dead, so there's no reason to look for them now," Kurapika finished before looking at the three of them and snapping, "and you three! That was extremely dangerous and you shouldn't have followed them!"

"Mom Friend Mode: activated," Usagi thought while sighing.

"But Kurapika, there's one left that can read memories. If she were to find us again then she could find out who you are," Killua reasoned.

"It's too risky to now. And besides, Hisoka told me they were leaving," Kurapika said.

"Hisoka?!" Usagi, Gon, Killua, and Leorio exclaimed at once.

"Why have you been around that jerk-off clown?!" Leorio asked, gawking at Kurapika.

"He's been giving me information about them, so if he says they're dead then they are–"

As if on cue, Kurapika got a text. "It's from Hisoka!" He told them. Everyone say on the edge of their seats as Kurapika looked grimly at his phone. "The dead bodies... were fake!"

"Eh?!" Usagi gasped.

"You mean they aren't dead?!" Killua asked.

"No, apparently they aren't," he said before mumbling, "dammit! I thought that if they called in the Zoldyck's he'd be dead for sure!"

"What?!" Killua gasped. "What about them?"

Kurapika looked surprised and then mad at himself for saying that. "I didn't want to tell you, but because of my job I found out that the Zoldyck family was called to kill the leader of the Phantom Troupe."

"Kurapika!" Usagi stood up, getting serious. "Did they say anything about the Ametsuchi's?!" Her fist was clenched and shaky as she awaited his answer.

Kurapika looked down and after a moment said, "no, they weren't."

Sighing, Usagi sat down as Kurapika continued with,"I need to go after them again."

"Take us with you, Kurapika!" Gon shouted, almost as an order.

Reluctantly Kurapika said, "I'll think about it." After that Killua stood up and practically dragged Usagi and Gon outside of the room, and then Leorio followed them out.

Once They were out Usagi said, "if Sachiko were here that would explain why I feel like I'm being watched."

"Well, apparently she isn't, so there's nothing to be worried about," Killua answered her.

"Why are you dragging us out?" Gon asked as Killua pulled them into the hallway.

"Because I wanted to tell you both that we need to stay out of this," Killua answered.

"What? But we need to help Kurapika!" Usagi stated, surprised at him.

"I know, but he probably wants to do this alone, so let's just let him!"

"This goes completely against what you were saying yesterday!" Gon stated, also surprised. "Plus, have you forgotten that it's my job to say crazy stuff?!"

Killua pursed his lips before saying, "fine. If he said we can go, that's one thing, but if he says no then we're staying here."

"Good enough," Usagi stated before she and Gon walked off to find a vending machine.

Killua just stood there and sighed. "They could seriously get hurt if they come. Doesn't Kurapika know that?!"

Mom friend mode: activated.

-----

Sorry this is a short chapter

I had to delete about 500 words because I didn't like where it was heading and it made a huge plot hole in what I had already decided

But yeah you'll know what I'm talking about in maybe the next chapter

As in you'll know some new stuff lol

I'm starting to scare myself with all this updating I hope you guys aren't bored just like "oh boy another update whee"

I'm trying to make up for all the times I didn't update this story

PS I couldn't think of any other chapter name lol

Marina
6/15/16