Chapter Ten

Jessica

Jessica

I don't see Liam after lunch. He is nowhere to be found in Gym class. I look for him after school, and when I don't find him, I get a feeling it might have something to do with what happened at lunch with Jayden, so I decide to drop by and pay him a visit.

I head over and ring the bell a few times before a blonde that looks to be in her late twenties opens the door. My eyes go straight to her long legs. She is wearing shorts and a bra that makes her boobs look traumatizingly huge.

"Ah!" The words accidentally escape my mouth. She tilts her head to the side and stares at me with confusion.

"Liam.. uh...Is he here?" I ask, trying my best to keep a monotone.

She smiles.

"Oh, yeah. Liam, you've got a friend." She yells the last part, still smiling at me.

"Come in." She moves aside to let me in, and I give her a weak smile. It surprisingly kind of stings to see the kind of girls Liam has in his bed. It certainly does not do my self-confidence any good. It's not hard to believe he can score girls like her. She looks like she stepped out of cosmo's cover shoot.

So Liam likes them old.

I take in her appearance. Her long platinum blonde hair, and her slim, long legs compliment her features perfectly. I can't help the green monster that is rearing it's ugly head in. She is everything I'm not.

After a few seconds, Liam comes down, and I am utterly grateful he is fully clothed unlike, his company here.

When he sees me, his eyes widen with surprise.

I know I came unannounced, but I had this overwhelming urge to come and talk to him. I just wanted to know he was okay. But right now, I sort of wish I hadn't come. He was obviously in the middle of something.

"I came at a bad time, didn't I? I'm really sorry." I say, looking back and forth at them apologetically. "I just wanted to check on you. I didn't think you'd have company."

"What?" He looks mortified.

"I should've just called. I don't know why I didn't think of that. You can get back to... it. I'll just leave."

Liam looks absolutely flabbergasted, and the girl starts laughing hysterically.

What is going on?

"Jess, she is my Stepmother." He says.

HA! Hold on! Oh, my dear God!

"Hi, I'm Sabrina. You are?" She gives me a small handshake, still laughing.

"Jessica." I say after I pick my jaw up from the floor. "Excuse me while I go kill myself."

She laughs harder. She doesn't seem to mind that I completely misread the situation.