Chapter Fifty-four

This chapter is dedicated to LilacLover99 Thank you for all votes and comments. They made me smile. :)

I almost wanna jump up and down with joy as I hand my Calculus exam paper to Mr

I almost wanna jump up and down with joy as I hand my Calculus exam paper to Mr. Hopkins and exit the exam hall. They decided to save the worst for last, but it was actually an okay exam. I'll make sure to thank Liam for helping me study.

This week has been both draining and joyful. An acceptance letter came from Rochester yesterday, and Steff got into Parsons. UCLA still hasn't got back to me, and Steff didn't get into NYU, which was her first choice, but we're not letting that get to us. We both signed for a few summer prep classes so we can get used to the schools and the City before the start of the semester. But that means we'll have to move sometime after graduation.

Steff is already looking into apartments and surfing Pinterest for decoration ideas, which I find both amusing and alarming at the same time. She is going to take over the entire thing. I can just feel it.

"I can't believe it. We're finally done!" Steff cheers, hugging me sideways. "Well, at least for now." She adds.

I smile at her. We weren't in the same hall, and I have no idea where she just came from.

"How was it?" I ask.

"Dull. Cause, you know, it didn't challenge me enough. I knew everything!" She says and bursts into fits of laughter. "It was brutal! But I'll be just fine. How was yours?"

"It was okay." I shrug.

"Hey, beautiful." Elliot greets, stepping in front of us.

I almost roll my eyes looking up at him.

"Hey, Elliot. What's up?"

"Not much. I'm throwing a party tonight, and I wanted to invite you girls." He says, and Steff and I look at each other.

"Uh... I'm busy tonight. I already made some plans. But thanks." I say.

"Me too." Steff nods. "Lots of- plans." She finishes awkwardly.

"Oh, come on. It's never a good time without you. You used to love partying." He says to me, and I feel the urge to slap him.

"I used to also be depressed and self-destructive. Not that you ever noticed."

His face falls slightly. Just then, Morgan comes and wraps her arms around his middle, running her manicured fingers up and down his arms.

"Ready to go?" She whispers.

I heard they were seeing each other but looking at them together is even more entertaining. It's nothing against her. It's just that he couldn't be more shallow. We watch them walk away, and Steff huffs.

"Dumb and dumber. How romantic!"

I howl with laughter as we head out the exit.

***