Chapter Thirty-two

This chapter is dedicated to JasmineJones144 for supporting the story with her amazing votes. Thank you so very much! :)

I faintly remember Liam carrying me to his car and driving away

I faintly remember Liam carrying me to his car and driving away. I also remember complaining and saying I didn't want to go anywhere with him, but I was too tired to put up a fight, so after a while, I gave up and leaned against the window.

"How come you just left your Red's party?" I say, feeling the cold window against my warm cheek.

"She is not mine. And you are drunk." He says, and I snort.

"How did you come to my rescue twice anyway, prince charming?" I sound more condescending than I mean to, but I can't help it. Liam's eyes quickly dart to me and then back to the road.

"Were you like following me around? Keeping an eye on me?" I mock, and his grip tightens on the steering wheel, but he remains quiet.

I laugh and gasp at the same time.

"You were, weren't you?"

"What if I was?" He turns around to look at me for a brief second. "You were drinking and putting yourself in compromising situations. I saw the way those guys looked at you." He grits his teeth, and my smile slowly fades.

"That sounds fucking pathetic. What if I liked the way they looked at me?" I know I'm just pushing his buttons now, but something in me wants to see him lose it.

"Don't!" He says curtly. "I know what you're doing."

I turn my head back around and stare out the window. Then I start humming tunelessly, closing my eyes.

***

I jolt awake when arms warp around me.

"It's okay, we're home."

I sigh with relief when I hear Liam's soothing voice. I must have fallen asleep. I shrug out of his hold, pushing his hands away.

"It's fine. I can walk."

I take a step and sway, but he immediately grabs my arm to steady me.

"I said, I'm fine!" I snap, swatting his hand away.

He sighs, letting me go. I head for the door walking a few steps ahead of him. I realize I never actually gave him his keys back, not that I brought it with me tonight. I stand at the door and wait for him to unlock it.

"Do you want coffee? It'll help." He says once we step inside, and I shake my head.

"I just want to go to bed."

He nods.

"You can sleep in my room. I'll take the guest bed."

I don't know why, but I feel a pang of disappointment.