Chapter Forty-one

This chapter is dedicated to averymarinoxo for her lovely votes and amazing comments. Thank you so much for your support.

You guys should go check her story out. You won't regret it. :)

Liam

Liam

I have never been this happy in my life. I didn't even know happiness like this existed. And now that I do, I'm terrified that it's going to go up in flames at any given moment. When I think of everything that could go wrong with us, I just want to keep her hidden away somewhere where no one can get to us. It's been a very long time since I had something to lose, and I now that I do, fear keeps me up at night. There are so many things I kept hidden from her. The more time that passes, the harder it's becoming for me to tell her about my past. I can't tolerate the thought that she might leave me when she hears what kind of person I used to be. And then there is the fear she might find out about the bet.

The fucking stupid, childish bet!

She's told me repeatedly how much she despises people who lie to get what they want, and that is exactly what I did. I lied to her face too many times to count. I never in my wildest dreams envisioned she would become my world.

I turn around to look at her again for the tenth time since class started, and it hasn't even been full 15 minutes. She is frowning and has her pen pushed between her lips as she listens intently, engrossed in the lecture. Her soft, plumped lips look even fuller like this, being toyed with the damn thing.

It's unhealthy how many times I catch myself staring at her. Whenever she is in the room, she is all I see. Sometimes the magnitude of what I feel for her makes me feel like I'm going crazy. Is it like this for everyone? How does anyone survive this?

Jess turns around suddenly and catches my eye. She smiles warmly at me and brings her phone out, then my phone buzzes on the desk.

You're staring again.

I frown and don't immediately reply because I don't know if I've made her uncomfortable with all the staring. Fuck! I need to learn to not be such a creep. My fingers hover over the letters, but before I start typing, another text comes through.

I like it, Liam. I like it a lot.

I turn around, and she beams at me. I feel that sharp, something in my chest, a feeling between an ache and pure joy.

You're beautiful. I can't help it. You don't know what you do to me, Jessica Grayson.

I watch as she reads it, and she sinks her teeth into her lower lip to hide a smile. And then the pen is back on her lips again.

You need to get that pen away from your lips. It's making me want to do so many dirty things to you.

I see her cheeks flush from here, and to my relief and dismay, she removes the pen and places it on her textbook. She then grabs her phone and starts typing.