Chapter Twenty-five

I want to start this with an apology. I know it's been a while. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. :) If you follow me here, you probably saw on my message board that I came down with the worst flu ever. :( :( But I'm feeling a little better now. Thanks for your patience and sorry again.

This chapter is dedicated to lollovestoread Thank you so much for supporting this book, love. It means a lot! :)

 It means a lot! :)

Liam

Everything that I feared is unfolding right in front of me, and there is nothing I can do but watch it happen. I watch as he smiles and makes small talk. To anyone that doesn't know him, it might seem harmless. But I know him. Nothing about him is harmless. Our common fuckedupness is how we ended up as friends.

I remember how we first met. It was when I had that horrible motorcycle accident that nearly killed me. He had gotten into a fight with a bunch of kids, and they had beaten him to the pulp. I was already there for two weeks recovering from the surgery when he showed up at the hospital. When I first laid eyes on him, his face was so completely covered with dirt and blood I couldn't even make out what he looked like. But even then, he had the most malicious smirk I had ever seen plastered across his face. It was almost like he enjoyed the pain. And then before I knew it, he was sneaking me out of the hospital, and I was stealing a bike to get us away from there.

He was the first person I met that was filled with even more hatred than me. He had absolutely no compassion for the world. I once asked him why he hated people so much, and he said, "I don't hate people, they hate me. So, in turn, I hate them." I knew at that moment that he was royally fucked up. But so was I. We were like fuel and fire. We were never the kind of friends that dug deep into each other's past, but we figured we had a lot in common. It was a match made in hell.

Once we realized we shared a common hatred for all, we fucked around and messed shit up like there were no consequences because there weren't. The one good thing about having shitty, rich parents is, even if they don't give a fuck about you, they give plenty fuck about their reputations. Louis and I were both bitter. The world was like our personal chamber pot, and we pissed all over it. We slept around like it was going out of style. We broke hearts and laughed about it. We spent nights partying and went straight to class for exams the next day. Whenever we fucked up in school, we knew there would always be Jayden, ready to clean up our mess.

We once took things too far and got caught trying to break into a liquor store. We got arrested, and the officers went on and on about jail time for breaking and entering and attempted theft. A couple of hours later, it was like it never happened. They completely erased our record and let us walk free. Louis's parents had something even better than money. They had connections. What we got was a slap on the wrist compared to what it could have turned to. And we didn't even really need the liquor, to begin with. We just did it for kicks.