Chapter Fifty-five

Hey, lovelies!! I know I have been inactive for a long time and I apologize for keeping you guys waiting, but the situation was out of my hands this time. There will be an author's note at the end of the chapter explaining why I have been MIA, so check it out if you're curious.

 There will be an author's note at the end of the chapter explaining why I have been MIA, so check it out if you're curious

"You suck!" Zach says to Dean.

"No, you suck!" Dean scoffs. "Who puts a present on the couch? That's what tables are for."

"It's not my fault you can't see!"

Becky and I look at each other, and we try our best not to laugh. They have been going at it for a while now because Dean broke the nail stamper we got for Ellie. Since she told us she didn't have many friends, we thought it would be nice to tug the twins and Becky along. Ellie was excited when we called to run the idea by her.

"It's fine. Liam is picking up a new box. I called him." I say, glancing at them through the rearview mirror.

They are both looking somber, and Becky is in the passenger seat flipping through a kid's fashion magazine.

I focus back on the road. We're meeting Liam at his house and taking his car to Foxwood.

***

When we park, Becky turns to me.

"This is Liam's house?" She asks with wide eyes.

"Yup," I say, unlocking the door.

"It's huge! Like dad's place." Zach says as he steps out.

"And he lives alone?" Becky asks.

"Most of the time." I nod, leading them in.

As soon as we step inside, they start running around exploring the place.

"Don't make a mess, guys!" I yell out, walking into the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water.

I take my phone out of my pocket, and I text Liam.

We're home, so hurry back. And don't forget to pick up my pills.

I forgot to pick up my birth control pills yesterday, and Liam volunteered to get them earlier.

My phone buzzes on the countertop.

I'm almost there, love. And I already got it.

I frown at the text. Is he texting and driving?

I want to scold him, but it's partially my fault. I should've just called him. I shake my head, scolding myself internally as I head upstairs in search of the kids. And I find them in Liam's room, inspecting the guitar.

"Does Liam play guitar?" Becky asks with excitement.

"Yep!" I nod. "I still can't convince him to play for me, though."