Chapter Fifty-one

This chapter is dedicated to Kesharin5 Your support means the world. Thank you for always supporting me!

Steff chats with me about school and Christmas shopping while we head to Route-9

Steff chats with me about school and Christmas shopping while we head to Route-9. I try to keep up with the conversation, but I'm mostly distracted by my thoughts. Steff says I'm being dramatic. And maybe I am, but that nightmare still gives me chills to this day.

When we get there, it takes us a while to park because space is scarce, and we don't want to park too far out. As we make our way over, I am taken aback by the number of people here.

There are all sorts of teenagers and older folks here. Ranging from tattooed and pierced gothic kids to downright Barbie dolls. Most people seem to have either a cigarette or a beer can in their hands, pulling them out of their coolers wherever they can. One hillbilly eyes me from head to toe in a way that makes my skin crawl, and he flashes me a crooked grin.

"Liam said only a few people showed up to this thing," I say, crossing my arms across my chest. "There are at least like a hundred people here."

Probably more.

Steff keeps typing on her phone, not paying any attention to me or her surroundings.

"Hey!" I snap my fingers. "Can you please get off your phone?"

She looks up at me with a raised brow.

"Relax! I'm just texting Ry to let him know we're here."

I drop my shoulders.

"Right! I should probably do the same."

I type a short text letting Liam know we're here. It's already getting dark, so the race should start sometime in the next thirty minutes. I look beyond the safety barriers and see a bunch of motorbikes lined up behind the finish line.

"What's with the long face?" Steff taps my chin. "You're so on edge. Breathe!"

I let out a long breath and catch Jane and Kendra, making their way towards us from the corner of my eyes. It kind of eases my nerves to see familiar faces, and I greet them with a smile.

"Jesssss!" Jane exclaims when they reach us, throwing her arms around me. "I'm so happy to see you." She slurs.

I pull back to look at her beaming face and turn to Kendra with a frown.

"Is she-?"

"Yup! She had a few shots of Tequila to calm her nerves." Kendra rolls her eyes.

"And it worked! I feel great." Jane grins at me, and I can't help but grin back at her. Good to know there is someone as nervous as I am.

"Kendra, Jane, this is Steff, my best friend." I gesture to Steff, who has an amused look on her face.

"Oh, Ryan's girl. Nice to meet you." Kendra shoots her a kind smile, and Jane pulls her in for a hug.