Chapter Sixty-five

This chapter is dedicated to xapekshax for all the support on each of my chapters. All your votes mean the world. Thank you!!!

 Thank you!!!

Jessica

I wake up to silent whispers. I stir, groggily opening my eyes, and I see the twins.

"You woke her up!" Dean hisses through gritted teeth.

"No, you did!" Zach hisses back.

I frown, and I sit up, my vision slowly clearing. My jaw hangs open when I see the state of my room. The roof is lined with pastel pink and clear balloons with silver confetti on the inside. Fairy lights are twinkling around me, draped around light pink Peonies and Baby's Breath that is arranged around the room. And a silver number 18 balloon is hanging right above my full-sized mirror.

"Happy birthday," Zach says, with a guilty smile, holding a party hat.

"We weren't supposed to come in here, but Zach wanted to see!" Dean says, staring daggers at his brother. "Happy birthday, Jess." He says, turning to me with lingering irritation.

"Who did this?" I ask, knowing the answer.

"Liam and mom," Zach tells me. "Liam brought the stuff in the middle of the night. And we weren't supposed to be up, but..." He shrugs. "They said we couldn't help because we would make too much noise."

Was I dead? How come I didn't hear a peep? I am not that much of a heavy sleeper, so this has completely taken me by surprise. It's like I fell asleep in one place and woke up somewhere completely different.

I glance around the room once more, entranced by the whimsical feel. I feel like a fairy between the twinkling lights and dazzling flowers. I can't believe Liam did this!

"Well," Dean glares at Zach. "I'll go tell them she is awake."

Zach follows his brother out, and I jump out of bed to examine the room. I find a folded paper on my vanity, and I open it.

Jess,

Happiest birthday, baby. I am the happiest I've ever been because of you. You are like a midsummer day, beautiful and full of warmth. You saved me from myself when I didn't know I needed saving, and for that, you will forever have a special place in my heart. I hope you know the world is so much brighter because you are in it.

Yours truly,

L.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,

And summer's lease hath all too short a date:

William Shakespeare

I read it once more, and tears spring to my eyes. Just then, the door opens, and Liam walks in carrying a breakfast tray full of food and treats.