Chapter Thirty-nine

This chapter is dedicated to nikolchettoob for all the votes and the loveliest comment on my last chapter. Your support means the world. :)

***

I have once again posted two chapters so don't forget to read the next one.

I debate on how to bring up the topic of Elliot's parent's anniversary dinner to Liam or if I should bring it up at all

I debate on how to bring up the topic of Elliot's parent's anniversary dinner to Liam or if I should bring it up at all. I didn't even care to remember the date until I run into Elliot's mom yesterday at the grocery store, and she reminded me that it was today. She mentioned they were renewing their vows and was very adamant that Liam and I come. I guess Elliot told her that we are together.

She said she hasn't seen Liam since summer and seemed genuine about wanting him around even though the situation is incredibly awkward with me having dated her son. And I felt bad declining her invite, so I decided to tell her that we would be there even though I know Liam will never agree to it.

He didn't spend the night at my place yesterday because he had to help Ryan with some motorcycle stuff for a street race that is apparently coming up soon, and I had to stay home to watch the twins. So I don't want the anniversary to be the first thing we talk about when I see him.

I park at school and wait in my car for him to show up. I wait for a few minutes before I see him on his Harley zig-zagging through the crowd till he finds a parking spot. I have not seen him on his motorcycle in forever. I get out to walk over to him and see some junior girls pointing at him and giggling. They push a short brunette towards him, seemingly telling her to go talk to him.

Liam, on the other hand, is completely unaware of his surroundings as he gets off his bike and takes off his helmet, running his fingers through his hair and mesmerizing every single girl around. He seems detached and unattainable from here, not paying anyone any attention.

I try to put myself in one of those girl's shoes and look at him from their point of view. I was just like them only a few weeks ago. Admiring the masculinity and charm that radiates off him from afar. But now I know there is much depth to his appeal. He is so much more than a pretty face and a smoking hot body. There is a whole lot more to him that nobody gets to see because he won't let them.

The girl finally nods in agreement and shakes her friends off before walking up to him. I watch as she smiles and says something to him extending her hand. He manages a smile back and shakes her hand. She fidgets nervously as she says something to him, and he frowns just as I reach them.

The moment our gazes lock, his eyes light up.

"Hey, babe." I stand on my tippy-toes and place a small peck on his lips. His arms automatically wrap around my waist.

"Oh, hey there!" I smile at the girl whose face has turned a deep shade of pink.

"Hey." She smiles back at me and turns to him. "Ahh... well, um... just think about it, okay?" She stutters awkwardly.