Chapter Forty-seven

This chapter is dedicated to JulianaArndt for all the votes. Your support means a lot. Thank you!!

My head is buzzed from all the alcohol I consumed, and my heart is thudding against my chest as I bend a little from the knee and throw the ping pong ball

My head is buzzed from all the alcohol I consumed, and my heart is thudding against my chest as I bend a little from the knee and throw the ping pong ball. It lands perfectly into the last party cup. And everyone cheers in unison.

"The girls win!" A guy whose name I can't remember announces.

"We won!" Steff yells from next to me. "We won! We won!" She hugs me.

We are acting like we won the Olympics, but everyone is too drunk to be judgemental. They cheer us on while we behave like a couple of preschool girls.

"You freaking genius. You should be a basketball player. Score!" Steff mimics shooting a ball and giggles.

She snatches a beer bottle from the complete stranger next to her, and she uses my shoulders as leverage to climb onto the beer pong table. She immediately starts dancing, and I howl with laughter, watching her pull crazy dance moves.

What makes this win sweet is how certain the guys were girls couldn't beat boys at beer pong.

Well, in your face, Jameson!

"I know. I know." Jameson says, walking up to me. "We made a fool of ourselves." He says, and I giggle.

This party has been fun so far. There are like only five people from our school. The rest are people I have never seen before in my life. I run into Louis maybe once. That's how many people there are, and I have no idea where they all came from.

"How does it feel to be a looo, looo, looser?" I ask, grinning like a loon. This makes Jameson laugh.

"You're a fun one. Aren't you, beautiful?" He asks just as Nick smacks him on the back.

"Your fault we lost, Jameson!" He says, walking past us. "You couldn't keep your eyes off her."

"Is that right, James?" I hear the familiar voice I love.

His arms wrap around my waist, and he crushes me into him.

"I promise no funny business here." Jameson raises both hands up in surrender.

"We won, babe," I tell Liam.

"I heard." He presses a kiss in my hair.

"Don't forget you promised you'd save me the last dance. I'll be waiting." Jameson grins at me, and I frown.

I may have promised that, but for the life of me, I can not remember.

Liam takes my hand. "You're coming with me." He says before dragging me with him.

"Oh, come on!" I hear Jameson call.

***

Liam walks us upstairs into a room, and he pushes me against the wall.